Support Forums

Full Version: site idea- its possible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i need some help with creating a website that would really rocket off if i was able to launch it. i just need to know what type of coding to use on each part of the website, if you could help, thanks in advance!
home page- something like my space and facebook mixed.
live blog page
forum page
"friend page"
messaging
anything else you all can come up with, throw it out there.
criticism is welcomed-thanks
need more info, inform me
How can we give you criticism when you haven't given us anything to criticize?
If you want the site to do good it will just depend on your dedication to it.
Doesn't really matter type of it.
Work on a Photoshop mock-up of the site so that we know what it looks like.
Well just from experience I'm going to say Flash, obviously HTML and a really good CSS style. Maybe integrate MyBB with it. Forum software such as MyBB will cover the messaging and friends etc...

You can link to PM and buddy lists where ever on the site.
when i mean criticize, put your thoughts about the pages i put in on the thread, if i need to add or remove anything. and thanks Sam, thats what i was looking for.
After i start building more of the website ill post screen shots of it.
It will be a little at a time because of my school homework and other activities.
Than ks to all!Thumbsup
PHP and mysql that is all you need.
PHP, HTML, CSS, JSCIPT...
Atleast you need to learn all these! Smile
I know html pretty well, in the process of learning how to integrate CSS. So slowly but surely im working on what i need. hoping to be well in to this long term project by the end on this school year and done with it by my senior year. im a junior now.
But thanks to all who helped, Greatly appreciated!