Support Forums

Full Version: Jailbreaking ipod 4g, iphone 4, and ipad came out!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well lots of people have been using it, including my self,
i jail broke my iphone 4 with somthing called limera1n.

basicly they released this sat. 10/9/10 just to piss green pois0n off.

You can find it at www.limera1n.com

its like black ra1n but its untethered !!!
Is there really an need to jailbreak it and void your warranty?
(10-10-2010, 08:36 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Is there really an need to jailbreak it and void your warranty?
MOst people jailbreak to get all paid apps free.
I know I just don't agree with it. Can't you screw up your IPod as well?
(10-10-2010, 11:19 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I know I just don't agree with it. Can't you screw up your IPod as well?
Its really rare for you to screw up your ipod.
But what if it breaks? You can't get it fixed.
(10-10-2010, 11:28 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]But what if it breaks? You can't get it fixed.
If it breaks and you cant fix it yourself your pretty much fudged.
Jailbreaking does void your warranty, BUT you can still restore it to factory defaults and Apple wouldn't know the difference. Also, jailbreaking has become LEGAL about 2-3 months ago (maybe longer than that). If it physically breaks and it interferes with your software, then you are SOL. It doesn't hurt to try to return it though, you never know what they might do.

On topic: I'm stoked about this. Apparently it's unpatchable. Geohot is such a genius. Limera1n was originally supposed to be for 3.1.3+ but Geohot completely disappeared from the jailbreaking scene for a few months, and this was his comeback.
(10-10-2010, 12:13 PM)ElephantShoe Wrote: [ -> ]Jailbreaking does void your warranty, BUT you can still restore it to factory defaults and Apple wouldn't know the difference. Also, jailbreaking has become LEGAL about 2-3 months ago (maybe longer than that). If it physically breaks and it interferes with your software, then you are SOL. It doesn't hurt to try to return it though, you never know what they might do.

On topic: I'm stoked about this. Apparently it's unpatchable. Geohot is such a genius. Limera1n was originally supposed to be for 3.1.3+ but Geohot completely disappeared from the jailbreaking scene for a few months, and this was his comeback.
Thanks for the explanation mate.Very detailed.
Jailbroke my iphone and ipad when it came out
Pages: 1 2 3