Support Forums

Full Version: Help me think of ideas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so basically I've been thinking about setting up a forum for some time now but I can't decide what would be a good idea to go with.

Few things I've been thinking about...

Coding Forum.. (Would probably be under the domain VisualForums.net)

Graphics Forum.. (Really wanted to do this but I would struggle competing with GFX Forums)

Software Forum.. (For discussions & support regarding various software packages from anti-virus software, to graphic design software and everything else)

Gaming Forum.. (Pretty much speaks for itself)

I really don't know what to go for.. I obviously want to pick a theme which would be the most popular.. What do you guys think?
I would pick
Coding or GFX!
Most Popular now a days Smile
I'd like something that combines all of them... Pretty much like SF and HF.
A coding forum would be a good one
Graphics, it's your forte.
I would try to venture somewhere new. There are a TON of forums that offer those kinds of things. Just keep in mind that it could take you a long while to get some good activity. Smile I personally would center the forum around coding or graphics, but maybe have sub sections for other things. Good luck!
i would try pick a domain name that could be used to cover a range of things, instead of a domain that you can only really focus on one thing, that way you can have more topics and your forum will be of interest to more people.
I would rather have a specific theme throughout the forum to be honest and perhaps have additional categories as the site grows.

I think I'm now stuck between graphics & coding.
I would absolutely love to do a graphics forum but being realistic I think a coding forum would be more popular.
Or maybe it wouldn't? I haven't a clue... :/

A lot of people that I know who are interested in graphics are all members on GFX Forums and it would be seriously tough to compete with that.
(I'm not all that experienced with administrating forums).
Graphics, you have more to share in that category I believe, and there are coders out there, but not as many as the vast amount of GFX people there is. This site for example. I have knowledge in computers. But GFX seems to be the place to be here, and it's the most active. So I haven't been able to comment a lot in the coding area, virus removal, computer support areas.
Thanks for your feedback guys. I've slept on it and decided graphics probably would be the best to go for.

Now to think of a domain name..
Pages: 1 2