Support Forums

Full Version: Donating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen a few threads in this section about donating so I wanted to ask a question that may help with donations. Would donating to HF actually benefit SF because it goes directly to Omni, or does money donated to HF go directly to HF?
If you want to donate to Support Forums then I would specify that's where you would like your donation to go. However you can never see where your money goes so if it helps out HF and/or SF then great.
PM Omni instead >_<
(10-03-2010, 03:16 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to donate to Support Forums then I would specify that's where you would like your donation to go. However you can never see where your money goes so if it helps out HF and/or SF then great.

Yeah, my thoughts were that if the money went to Omni then it is helping SF one way or another.
I would assume the money donated pays for many things, such as domain renewals, hosting, servers and bills. As soon as the donations have cleared, Omniscient can do as he pleases with the money but if you specifically say to him "Please use my donation to help pay for hosting on SF", or something similar, I'm sure he'd follow through with your wishes.
Omniscient should add a donation / upgrade page in my opinion for this site, there would be a lot of donors I'm guessing and the more money for Omniscient him self.
I just don't have a lot of interest asking for donations for this site. I spend time here everyday and I work to improve the site but until it reaches a level I'm super happy about I want to keep the focus on community growth and quality. Once those are reached I'll work harder to monetize. The server it's on is free (donated) and of course MyBB is free. So the only cost for this site is my time. I'm happy to give that to this quality site and for quality members. Smile