Support Forums

Full Version: [Help] - Looking To Buy A New Laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so I'm currently in need of a new laptop.. I'll be honest, I don't know much at all about laptops so please help me out here... Here is a list of a few things I would like it to have/be:

- Must be pretty light
- Must look really nice (Like Alienware sort of style).
- Must have enough memory for me to store graphics, & programming work on.
- Must have have a high quality screen.
- Must be fast

I can't really think of anything else it needs.. It's primary use will be for graphic design & programming but I will also be using it for browsing the internet, listening to music & talking to friends.

Price isn't really an issue so just throw whatever you have at me.
(I really like Alienware but if I bought 1 it would purely be based on the looks, which I'm not prepared to do).

So yeh, please guys, help me out here!
I like the new Qosimos personally, 18.4" screen, the works, you can get a really nice one for 1.3-2k.
I would get the new HP Pacilion Entertainment PC, its very fast and kind of heavy
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834127279
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834157391 This is also very nice. I prefer Hp over any other brand from past experiences.
Thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciate it.
I have a Sony Vaio, I love it to death, still faster than most peoples laptop and I've had it for over a year, they really put quality in there work, even if you have to put a little extra $$ to get it. They have REALLY nice screens, and they are surprisingly light laptops.

Good Luck!
I have the shittiest Compaq laptop ever. It is louder than a vacuum and older than George Washington. Enough of my complaining, good luck to you on your hunt for a good laptop.
Vaio is great! I had a vaio for about a year. I"m buying a new one soon, not sure if it's going to be a vaio though.

(10-27-2010, 04:30 PM)Hustler Wrote: [ -> ]I have the shittiest Compaq laptop ever. It is louder than a vacuum and older than George Washington. Enough of my complaining, good luck to you on your hunt for a good laptop.

Well, you can really get some GREAT deals on some cheap laptops at places like newegg.com and geeks.com. I'd upgrade, lol Smile

Brandon
All the Vaio's are great , but the thing is - In the price of a Vaio with a medium fast processor , you'll get a HP with a super fast processor .
But Vaio has unmatched quality . I've been using one for about 2 years now and there hasn't been a single physical glitch .Whereas , my HP has been shouting like an old jerk even when its only two years old .
The best laptops that I think doing the rounds are the Qosmio series from Toshiba . If you think money is not a problem then that's the best buy for you .
Better yet , Asus offers supreme specifications at a modest price . You should check out Asus too . They always use top notch graphic cards in every laptop .
Alright , best of luck in buying a new laptop . :-)
You're right about Alienware's. I have one and the performance isn't even that great, to be honest.

You'd be better off building your own.
Pages: 1 2