Support Forums

Full Version: It's late, and I need to know the size of a human appendix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched around for a very long time, and the only source of information I have been able to find on the size of the human appendix has either been on Yahoo Answers, or Wikipedia. I cannot use either of these as sources :/

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could find a webpage that specifies the length / size of the appendix.

Thank you very much SF Smile
There is no SIZE?
Were all created differently. That simple and that should be your answer.
Averages are a different story. They however are limited to race mostly.

Weird ass thing to ask just quietly.
Well yea I meant average size. I'm making a presentation for the immune system, and one of the things I need to know is the average size of the appendix / what it depends on (How old someone is, how tall, etc)
(10-03-2010, 08:40 AM)Camgaertner Wrote: [ -> ]Well yea I meant average size. I'm making a presentation for the immune system, and one of the things I need to know is the average size of the appendix / what it depends on (How old someone is, how tall, etc)

Eh im a little late.
he Size of the Kidney

What is the average kidney size? The development or increase in the size of this organ stops at the age of 25 or 26. When the kidney stops to increase in size, the average length usually reaches 12 centimeters while the breadth is approximately 6 centimeters. The mean thickness of this body part is around 3 centimeters. The mean weight of a kidney is 120 grams to 150 grams. With these dimensions, any decrease in the kidney size is abnormal. However, the size of a kidney can still grow after maturation. This can happen if one of the kidneys was removed. The remaining kidney increases to compensate the functions of the other kidney.

The normal size of the kidney is the human fist size. There are some factors that can affect the abnormal growth in size. One of the factors is the growth or development of cysts in the organ. When cysts start to develop, the kidney can grow as big as a football. In addition, the weight can reach 38 pounds.

Another factor that affects the size of the body part is gender. The kidney size of females is usually smaller than males. Moreover, regardless of gender, the left kidney is larger than the right kidney. A decrease in the size can be caused by decreased level of blood supply.