Support Forums

Full Version: Some sites not loading?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well today I was trying to load another website (hackforums.net) and it isn't loading. I know I am not banned from the site as I can use my account just fine with a proxy. I think there might be an issue with my computer but I ran a virus scan with ESET and a Malwarebytes' Anti Malware scan and nothing was found.

What should I do to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sometimes if you load or refresh pages too fast on that website, because you were using up too much resources it will deny you of any access to the site for maybe a day max. This does not mean your banned, give it some time though. That is just a safety mechanism so that people can't DDos the site or flood it for example by pinging it a million times over or anything like that.

Hope this helps, but give it a day or so, and see if it will work for you again, and tell us Smile

HF seems to be loading fine for me, so it's not a server issue.
I cannot access Hackforums anymore either, don't know what's wrong.
Hmm, for some reason, It hasn't been loading for me now as well. It doesn't even timeout on request for the webpage in the address bar.
Yep, I can't load hackforums either. It's probably the servers, not your connection. 9/10 times if you can't connect to HF it's because something is wrong with the site and it's not on your end.
Thanks for the help Infinity. I was using Downforeveryoneorjustme.com and it kept saying it was up. I'd try loading it and no luck, and then I'd hop on a proxy and it would work great. Ugh. Oh well I'll just wait until tomorrow Tongue
(09-28-2010, 05:28 PM)Bonkers Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help Infinity. I was using Downforeveryoneorjustme.com and it kept saying it was up. I'd try loading it and no luck, and then I'd hop on a proxy and it would work great. Ugh. Oh well I'll just wait until tomorrow Tongue

Be sure that if your using firefox to go to about:config and set the maxconnectionsperserver value to 10. and don't have too many tabs open when browsing the site if that was the issue.

It should be up within 24 hours though, so don't worry Smile

Nemmyy Wrote:Yep, I can't load hackforums either. It's probably the servers, not your connection. 9/10 times if you can't connect to HF it's because something is wrong with the site and it's not on your end.

It was loading for me earlier, until now. So I thought that the server problem was eliminated. But now I can't connect either. They must be doing updates or something.
Thanks, I changed the value from 15 to 10 Big Grin

Ahh this forum is so helpful. I was going to post this on HF earlier using a proxy then I was like 'wait... that's what SF is for!'

Heh you guys all helped me so much thanks Tongue
(09-28-2010, 05:36 PM)Bonkers Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I changed the value from 15 to 10 Big Grin

Ahh this forum is so helpful. I was going to post this on HF earlier using a proxy then I was like 'wait... that's what SF is for!'

Heh you guys all helped me so much thanks Tongue

Glad you found us helpful Smile and yes that's what the forums are for. I think it's a great community as well. So I put in a little extra "change" here and there whenever I can. changing the value from 15 to 10 shouldn't make a big difference by the way. that just reduced the number of simultaneous downloads you can have, but most people don't download 10 things at once.

Only time i've had to increase that value, was when I was downloading parts to a game, that came in around 30+ different rar archives.

You may want to check the level for Max connections per user as well, to make sure that isn't too high. I think the default for that on firefox is around 8? It's been a while since i've modified a few things in there. I'm just adding in extra information here, since everyone is now certain that it probably is a site issue. Probably doing maintenance.

Edit: The site is back up and running on my end.
Some on HF claim that there was a DDos attack to the site, just to inform everyone here, but it failed. Smile
Is HF the only site you can't access?

If so, you've been firewalled from HF for too many active connections/requests. This happens if you refresh too quickly, or have too many tabs open etc.. first, try another browser.
If that doesn't work, go to start > run > type in "cmd" > hit enter > type in "ipconfig /flushdns" and then close cmd. If it still doesn't work now, try leaving your router off for about half an hour and then turning it back on to change your IP..
if you can't change your IP, simply wait a day or two and if Omni still hasn't flushed the firewall by then, find a working proxy or VPN to report yourself as firewalled using he contact page: www.hackforums.net/contact.php

Hope I helped.
Pages: 1 2