Support Forums

Full Version: Selling here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now can i say first off.
I am not trying to start another negative thread. Far from it! Thumbsup
However i think it could be a GREAT benefit if perhaps there was a selling area here that was limited posting access based on post count?
I am seeing a trend of new users posting sales pages.
Now normally there is nothing wrong with that. I understand.
However as SF is primarily a forum to assist others as apposed to sell to others i think it could benefit all here.
I guess what i am saying is this.
If you needed to have 100 posts to be able to post in the sell area then it would deter bots or sales spammers.
If bots etc arrive it will make them more obvious.
It will show a level of commitment to SF.
Now there is nothing wrong with selling to SF.
Hell i am all for it.
Its assistance in its own right.
However i feel members should need to show some level of commitment to Support Forums before they should be able to post sales pages.

Any thoughts on this?
I disagree, simply because its a forum, you should be able to post freely where you want when you want. If they only want to post there then so be it really. Smile
A good idea, maybe in the rough a bit but definitely something to go off of.
IMO, its not a bad idea. People have many things to buy or sell, and especially SF is a forum something similar to an digitalpoint where people sell or buy their goods.

IMO its a good idea, if omni go with the suggestion, I have many things to sell Tongue
I've not yet decided how the marketplace is going to be part of this site yet. I'm sort of waiting to see what direction and shape it starts to form before I go nuts making rules and policies about it.

Quote:However i feel members should need to show some level of commitment to Support Forums before they should be able to post sales pages.

Lots of people just want to use the internet to do business. If SF did have a respected and growing marketplace then I'd go with it and don't see a reason to force other activity in order for members to participate in the marketplace.

So for now I'm unlikely to make changes. But I am watching the section closely.
I'm fine with the marketplace, as long as there aren't any scammers.
I also think it's fine right now, further on might need improvements but the forums started few months ago, give it some time.
(09-28-2010, 02:06 PM)Melted Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fine with the marketplace, as long as there aren't any scammers.

Clearly there has been.
But that said they have been dealt with quickly enough that most here dont even see it. (thankyou staff)
So yes i have to agree with the consensus here.
Its too early to talk this. And probably not needed anyway.
Thankyou all for your opinions on this.