Support Forums

Full Version: wp/directory/site designs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently working on a new site, minimalism is where i'm headed but not hardcore minimalism, more light and clean than anything else. The site will allow designers/webmaster/developers to sign up and contribute, gain exposure, announce their new project launch dates etc etc. A mini collaborative social network for the 'creators' not so much the end users.

What I'm going to be doing is after finishing the wp theme, is make a matching directory and mybb theme to boot as the site will have both a community and web directory. Again, it is a WIP (work in progress) and will be minimal, keep both in mind.

Thanks in advance for the constructive feedback be it neg or positive!! Smile

Here's what i have so far, will update when it's at a more developed stage(it's large so if you like, visit the link here
Code:
http://elfadel.com/blogshot1.png
It is a good idea, although there is are already a already few social networks for web creators which you will face as competition. Have you considered light colours instead of white, for your minimalist aims?
Hey Eve, know of a few similar networks myself and welcome the competition with open arms Smile
As for the colors, it's an off white #f6f6f6 but I get what you're saying. Reason I'm going with safe colors is because the site, for the most part, will be content heavy. I figured there's no way to go wrong with off black/off white and a hint of solid #2180b9 (blue tone). It'll pretty much appeal to everyone that way. Most blog posts for example will contain graphics so color in those will help keep max focus on the content areas etc.

Still trying to think of how I'm going to setup the footer, not sure how I want it to look yet. Probably will add a quick login box and sign up along with main links etc, will have to play around with that before I start playing with blog post page design and comment section designs etc. Appreciate the feedback btw! Smile
Hi jeremiah, I really like the simplistic feeling. As you mentioned, the colour scheme is accurate for what you intend to do.
I see it as a little empy, i know it's a WIP, maybe when you add the footer and final touches it won't seem that way anymore.

Also, which font did you use in "Clipboard"? I like it.

Anyway, good luck on your project and keep us updated! Smile