Support Forums

Full Version: [Postbit]Facebook Connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was thinking since this is more of a open community and personals forum that we should be able to be able to connect our myspace or facebook to the forums.

The first idea I had for this was a mod that would allow a user to link their facebook within the post bit, with the following mod:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/facebook-profi...ostbit-2-2

Another way was that we could post updates from the UCP and have them show up in the user profile, postbit, and be linked to our online communites that we have selected (facebook, myspace, twitter, blogger, etc.) This is a feature that is added in IP.Board and I was just thinking maybe that would be something of use here.

What do you guys think about something like this?
There are many members from HF, I don't think It's very safe to put your real name here.
(09-26-2010, 11:07 AM)Melted Wrote: [ -> ]There are many members from HF, I don't think It's very safe to put your real name here.

It would be optional of course, you would not be forced to put anything real, but I think more of the mature members from HF are here. The rules are forced more here then they are over at hf so I feel safer putting my info here then there....but honestly it makes no difference. If you make a facebook, your info is on the internet so i dont get why not to put your info one place or another.
(09-26-2010, 11:05 AM)Tyler Allen Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking since this is more of a open community and personals forum that we should be able to be able to connect our myspace or facebook to the forums.

The first idea I had for this was a mod that would allow a user to link their facebook within the post bit, with the following mod:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/facebook-profi...ostbit-2-2

Another way was that we could post updates from the UCP and have them show up in the user profile, postbit, and be linked to our online communites that we have selected (facebook, myspace, twitter, blogger, etc.) This is a feature that is added in IP.Board and I was just thinking maybe that would be something of use here.

What do you guys think about something like this?

(09-26-2010, 11:07 AM)Melted Wrote: [ -> ]There are many members from HF, I don't think It's very safe to put your real name here.

You both have good points. One, Support Forums is a pretty open forum for people to share their lives with others, though there are tons of members from Hack Forums here that will no doubt probably try screwing with other people if they happen to put their real name and what not on here. Overall, I think it's a good idea and as long as it's option (why wouldn't it be?), it should be added.

Great idea Tyler!
(09-26-2010, 11:45 AM)Amazing Wrote: [ -> ]

You both have good points. One, Support Forums is a pretty open forum for people to share their lives with others, though there are tons of members from Hack Forums here that will no doubt probably try screwing with other people if they happen to put their real name and what not on here. Overall, I think it's a good idea and as long as it's option (why wouldn't it be?), it should be added.

Great idea Tyler!

Thanks, I am glad you like the idea. It would be different if the mod required a person to link their social feeds/networks, but since it would be an optional system, then I really do not understand if there would be an issue.

I don't mind, I don't fear a guy down the street knowing my last name let alone someone who uses the computer a lot. I don't think you realize he can't really do anything to me - yeah, one can dox me and find my phone number. Woop de doo lol.

As for the idea, I like it. I personally find that if we were to have a face on our profile it just seems...more open to the community. People would then know who you are a bit more.

I don't personally use facebook, but It's still a good idea.
(09-26-2010, 02:59 PM)Brandon Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind, I don't fear a guy down the street knowing my last name let alone someone who uses the computer a lot. I don't think you realize he can't really do anything to me - yeah, one can dox me and find my phone number. Woop de doo lol.

As for the idea, I like it. I personally find that if we were to have a face on our profile it just seems...more open to the community. People would then know who you are a bit more.

I don't personally use facebook, but It's still a good idea.

It's still creepy, you do make them mad. Next thing you know, you're getting mail bombed with death threats.
Yes, however anyone can do that.

Do you not leave the house in fear of pissing someone off who knows your address? No. Quite honestly I don't fear death threats from a 15 year old xbox addict, lol. Just let e-thugs be e-thugs, you'll be fine.

It's also a choice whether or not to display your facebook on SF. You can do it, or you can not do it. Smile
(09-26-2010, 04:07 PM)Brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, however anyone can do that.

Do you not leave the house in fear of pissing someone off who knows your address? No. Quite honestly I don't fear death threats from a 15 year old xbox addict, lol. Just let e-thugs be e-thugs, you'll be fine.

It's also a choice whether or not to display your facebook on SF. You can do it, or you can not do it. Smile

Yes. But, let's face it, there are kids here. And kids make stupid decisions. You get what I mean?
(09-26-2010, 04:28 PM)Melted Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. But, let's face it, there are kids here. And kids make stupid decisions. You get what I mean?

Yeah, they do, but you cant say that for everyone. I dont think you can stop one feature just because of a "what if". In that case, would we have computers or phones?
Pages: 1 2