Support Forums

Full Version: Rate My Signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rate my signature that I made please Smile

If anyone wants the psd file i'll add that later. I used the print screen key to take the background with the diagonal lines from the site, then lined up copies of it side by side.

Once you have that you can take the Polygonal Lasso Tool and make an outline that you want for the crack/smashed through effect so that the diagonal line forms an odd cut-out shape.

[Image: 2505nba.png]

Apply the "Inner shadow" effect on that layer to get the depth that you see in the image, and add your text with whatever style you want in the middle. I usually add a drop shadow to maintain the depth for all of the objects in my project.

[Image: 1oxhfc.png]

I just wanted to post this to show you how some of the simpler creations can create a fairly good overal graphic.

Download the PSD File:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V47FX07Y
I like the depth. Nothing I can really complain about except for the text, but no one every really gets that part right. :p
You used background same good idea.

Depth is bang on as well as shadow/

9//10

good work.
(09-26-2010, 12:29 AM)Gadget Wrote: [ -> ]I like the depth. Nothing I can really complain about except for the text, but no one every really gets that part right. :p

I have so many fonts in my fonts folder for my computer that I just scan through the list from top to bottom or bottom to top, and until I find one that suits it, not exactly the best one that I might have but I like this one in there. It suits the graphic in my opinion, but I have added the psd file as well as a quick tutorial on how to make this effect so others can download the psd or follow my instructions, then make their own text Smile

I was thinking maybe the text could be part of the "unbroken" layer, so that it fits the outside of the crack. Then all I would need to do is add the depth perspective on it to make it fit the theme. I'll go see what that looks like and post an image in this thread for everyone.

EDIT: here
[Image: 34y2wkk.png]

the background of the content layer in the forums is #575757, but when I add the drop shadow the darker black below the text makes the color overlay of the grey text seem like a darker shade.
(09-26-2010, 12:33 AM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I have so many fonts in my fonts folder for my computer that I just scan through the list from top to bottom or bottom to top, and until I find one that suits it, not exactly the best one that I might have but I like this one in there. It suits the graphic in my opinion, but I have added the psd file as well as a quick tutorial on how to make this effect so others can download the psd or follow my instructions, then make their own text Smile

I was thinking maybe the text could be part of the "unbroken" layer, so that it fits the outside of the crack. Then all I would need to do is add the depth perspective on it to make it fit the theme. I'll go see what that looks like and post an image in this thread for everyone.

Thats nice of you to hand out the PSD to help people learn. People are usually pretty stingy about that. I might pass out a few of mine when I get back to my regular laptop. I've got some good informational pieces. :3
Thanks, i'm not really selfish, and i'm sure some out there can create this effect pretty easily just by analysing it. So I don't really mind others learning from this as well. Smile

[Image: 2wm2qm1.png]

heres another attempt on making the text lighter than the background to counteract that illusion.
Wow, I asked and you made a thread for me Tongue TYSM for this. I would put my text in it Smile)
Reminds me of a signature I made on Hackforums ages ago. Although mine was filled with pokemon breaking out from the background.

I like it keep it up.
Well, it's original.

And it's nice of you to give out the PSD like that. I'm sure it will help at least someone.
(09-26-2010, 11:57 AM)NEC Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's original.

And it's nice of you to give out the PSD like that. I'm sure it will help at least someone.

It might be original, but I think its a pretty interesting effect. It shows just what you can do without having to go to a 3D extent, and without animations to make something look good in a different perspective.

If I have any more things to show others, i'll probably be posting more psd files in the future, I just have to get the time to make another tutorial or something that others may find useful. Thanks for the replies Smile
Pages: 1 2