Support Forums

Full Version: Spammers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hard thread to start. So i will try be polite.

This post for award thing is really getting out of hand IMHO.
I am watching one character currently who is doing.
Yea i agree.
Sorry i cant help.
etc sort of posts.
Clearly to get his award. But at the determent of SF.
Might be worth noting the time in between each of said individuals posts.
Clearly not reading the threads. Rather reading the topic and making an asshead comment based on that.
Now this happens every day here. Sure not always so blatant.
But its counter productive to SupportForums IMHO and needs to be addressed.
Its really no different to running a bot pulling rss feeds or something.
Sure it gives "stats" but ultimately destroys the forums.
Anyways... Had to get that off my chest.
I want that award but I wont spam to get it so why should I not earn it due to those that are spamming ?

I don't think it should get removed.
(09-25-2010, 10:45 PM)IceGuru Wrote: [ -> ]I want that award but I wont spam to get it so why should I not earn it due to those that are spamming ?

I don't think it should get removed.

I guess you did not read it correctly mate.
I did say its at the Detriment of SF.
What i mean is this.
Its ok to give someone an award for activity and posts.
But if hords of people are coming from HF and essentially spamming SF for said award then its simply not worth it.
Its killing SF imho.
I see that a lot as well. I think that they should be warned for their spam, but that award should stick.

I see a lot of people who come here from HF and are actually quality members not after the award too, though..and ones just coming in to post around for the award but at least have semi-quality posts.

But yeah, a lot of people I've seen that came in and said hey i'm from hf blah blah all just JUMP to the OSHIT area or another section and start gravedigging posts, spamming useless crap on threads like "I agree" and just going into threads with like 20 pages long with the same agreement that everyone came just to agree with each other it almost seems.

I'm sure Omniscient is well aware of this and is probably not going to give out the award to people who do that, though...People just don't realize that Smile

Even though this is a pretty hefty sized forum, it is still growing, and that award probably is a contributing factor to this website and bringing in tons of people daily.
Hey i am from HF as well mate.
You dont see me spamming SF.

Damn no staff online.
Oh well. I guess they need someone who is online during these hrs?
Too many spammy posts.
It really offends me, but hey its not my forum so i cant complain.
Please staff. Take the time to look at the posts today.
Particularly the time taken between each post of (the reported one).
Literally every few seconds a new post. No possibility of actually absorbing the treads.
Simply a spammer after his award.
Ban hammer big time i say. Certainly no award.
Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that for EVERY HF member. I'm also a member at HF(Although I'm not an incredibly well known die hard HF fan).
Yeah damnik you are 200 percent right.

This spamming is taking place just because of that support feather.

I observed many useless posts and like yes good one and all .

5 words post and all.
I would like to see a reward on my HF profile, but all my posts that i've typed out have been quality posts. I think I have legitimately helped out lots of members on the forum since i've signed up. I like these forums on this site. Theres a lot of new ones as well as some that have been copied over from the other site as well, and some of which are actually pretty helpful. I can see this site growing into a bigger one some day in the future..

I'm pretty sure once I hit that hundred that I wont stop posting my contributions on either site Smile I've already dedicated myself to a few groups on SF, but unfortunately no hacking happens here so it's like living in 2 worlds haha. Tongue

I believe what Omni really wants, is activity on this site though. He's thinking from the webmaster's perspective I believe, and not as much focused on anything else for now, at least until the site grows a little.
Man, I want this reward just as much as the next guy but
I have been on THIS forum for just over a month and have about 20 posts
and I am still working on getting it with HQ posts

But I have also seen people who have been on here a few days! and
got about 50-100 posts...
This is a really nice forum and I don't want it to be infested with
award whores from HF...
They don't get the award for LQP and are likely to get banned. They're wasting their time not earning an award.
Pages: 1 2