Support Forums

Full Version: Constructive Criticism on my RE: Afterlife DVD Menu Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I burned a DVD today with Resident Evil: Afterlife on it, and I quickly took a background image off google and added some text and effects to it lol Tongue

Ignore the box in the bottom right as if it wasn't there, I only made that because that is where "Play Movie" and "Scene Selection" appear. Just to contain them Smile

If theres anything you think I did wrong, or could improve on, please post it. I added a grunge effect over top of the text, as well as an overlay of a few star brushes that I clicked over top of the text layer.
I think it lookds great. I hope to be half as good one day!
(09-25-2010, 05:28 PM)r0k Wrote: [ -> ]I think it lookds great. I hope to be half as good one day!

One thing you can do to make things more unique is to go and download some new fonts to add to your fonts folder in your control panel. This is the default for your system, and these fonts once updated will be used by Adobe photoshop and many other programs that have a text selection option. http://www.fontspace.com is a good place.

Download some brushes and styles too, and theres also a few tutorials around on this site, as well as the ones you can find on google that I found very useful when I first started.

I found it's mostly about experimentation.
Thanks for the tips. Most of the tutorials i have found on here are for people who have a basic knowledge of photoshop already. Ill get it eventually. All i need is an inch and ill make it a mile.
(09-25-2010, 05:48 PM)r0k Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tips. Most of the tutorials i have found on here are for people who have a basic knowledge of photoshop already. Ill get it eventually. All i need is an inch and ill make it a mile.

Looking forward to seeing some of your future work around here Smile Don't feel bad if your first isn't that great. My first was a whole bunch of smudges because I didn't understand any of the blur filters, or blending options.
Dude that look's epic
Btw thank's for the signature
No problem, if you wanted I could post a psd file for you on the forums.

EDIT: Just so that I keep on topic with the thread, here is what the menu looks like when I play the dvd on my TV.

[Image: 2m6r56u.jpg]
I don't really like the motion blur effect on the text.
(09-25-2010, 11:41 PM)NEC Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really like the motion blur effect on the text.

I tried it without, and it looked worse in my opinion, but I was tired of using the outer glow effect on layers all the time, so I tried something different lol Smile

I dont know... I like it, but thats why I wanted others to state their own opinions on it for me as well
Not sure what I think about it to be honest. The background is too dark and hard to make out. The text looks nice but I'm just not sure about the image as a whole.
Pages: 1 2