Support Forums

Full Version: SLASH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: slashd.png]

Original Render:

Original Stock:

What I've done?:

1. Messed around with the effects on the render.
  2. Added smoke brushes.
  3. Burned slash
  4. Added Depth
  5. Added lighting to the bg
1 hopefully being the best.
I chose 2 because I like it but room for improvement I love the burned slash.
That's cool =)

Thanks for the honesty!!
Looking good, even though the smoke brushes just look kinda weird. I like it, though. 3/5
I voted for 1.

The black border in Slash looks bad. Also, the smoke looks out of place. When doing a manip remember to add a shadow for the render, that way it will look more real.

Just keep practicing and I'm glad to see you take criticism. With that attitude you'll get better in no time.
You can easily tell that he was put there, it doesn't blend that well.

Keep working though, I'm sure you'll make it look great. Confusedmile:
I've been reading this thread and it doesn't seem as though people know whether 1 or a 5 is the best rating. I would have guessed 5 would be the best. (because of 5 stars, and 5/5) but others seem to be thinking 1 for the best, and 1 for the worst.. I wont use the poll, but I'd say 4/5 Smile

NEC Wrote:I voted for 1.

The black border in Slash looks bad. Also, the smoke looks out of place. When doing a manip remember to add a shadow for the render, that way it will look more real.

Just keep practicing and I'm glad to see you take criticism. With that attitude you'll get better in no time.

Back at what you said. That I believe isn't the case with this render. You can' really have shadows, and what he did seems real. Slash is kneeling down on a darker shade of the ground, directly below his body. You can't add any more shadows to that because the light in the stock seems to be coming from a birds eye perspective. Before adding shadows you need to take into account where the light is coming from first Smile Adding a shadow behind him or in front of him would make it's realistic appearance seem fake for the fact that the light in the stock is a 360 degree global light. There are windows high up in the image and all around the 'building' that slash was placed in.

Good job Smile
(09-26-2010, 01:21 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Back at what you said. That I believe isn't the case with this render. You can' really have shadows, and what he did seems real. (...) Adding a shadow behind him or in front of him would make it's realistic appearance seem fake for the fact that the light in the stock is a 360 degree global light.

I'm not talking about a lot of shadow, just a little bit. To me, it seems like the Slash render is just there, pasted, not as a part of the whole image.

I was talking about something like this (the aqua being the zone where I would put the shadow):

[Image: slashrv.jpg]
I did put shadows, just dont know if it worked :S
Pages: 1 2