Support Forums

Full Version: Graphic Design Dictionary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
GRAPHIC DESIGN DICTIONARY NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD >>> http://www.mediafire.com/?1idvjrkdsjiqxes

Software Coded By: FireTech
Dictionary By: Fragma
Definitions By: Various Resources & Myself

Note: Some of the definitions below were written by other people although I did write some myself. This dictionary took about an hour and a half to write up. (Nothing is C&P). If you notice any errors such as spelling mistakes, grammar etc.. please let me know. Also note that I plan on updating whenever I get the chance.

Only looked at A and B so far and don't see abstract or blending. Tongue

Edit: no alignment, alpha, bevel, blur, brightness or burn.

Now for the Cs:
canvas / canvas size
clipping
cloning
contrast
crop
curve

Ds
density
dodge
drop shadow

E
emboss

Fs
filter
flash
focal
font
freehand

G
gradient

I
invert

Ls
layers
lighting

Ms
masking
magic wand

Ns
neon
noise

Os
object
outline

Ps
path
pattern

Q
quick mask

R
rasterize

S
scaling

Ts
text wrap
tint
tolerance
thumbnail
tone

Z
zoom
Thanks for that Untouch. I plan on adding those words sometime this weekend and probably more with my own definitions.

The current words were taken from various guides/papers from my degree course. (Focuses more towards animation techniques & software)
Ok I have added around 20 words today. I probably will try to add around the same amount on a daily basis.

Hope you guys appreciate this.
(09-24-2010, 04:50 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I have added around 20 words today. I probably will try to add around the same amount on a daily basis.

Hope you guys appreciate this.

Good job mate. Keep up the great word.
Will check the soon Smile
Thanks BoodyE

I've updated this again so heres a little bump.
This is really good, some of them are commonly known terms, but this just puts everyone on the same page, and as a reference for the more uncommon terms to refer someone to this
Thanks for the feedback Infinity. I put a lot of effort into it so I'm glad its appreciated. Smile
It's good to get a better understanding of the terminology used with graphic design. Getting better fundamentals and such starts with a better understanding, anyway it's a good contribution Smile thanks for it
WOW I think this is The BEst Gfx Thread I ever Seen In my LIFE !!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7