Support Forums

Full Version: Desktop Error: Red Exclamation Mark on All Icons (Except Shortcuts)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys recently I got this error on my desktop that has kind of no meaning, no files are corrupt that have the ( ! ) sign, in red. They open perfectly, but, they are extremely annoying. Is there a way to fix this error? Take a look at the screenshot below, please someone help me get rid of it.

[Image: hts401.png]

Its realllllllllllllly strange I got it once a Lonnnggg time ago, fixed it somehow but don't have any memory of it. Once again, please help, serious error.

Thanks Guys
Are you using a mcaffee or mozy backup?

Uninstall mcaffee as that's the root of this problem, get a better solution.

If mcaffee isn't the issue and you are using mozy, mozy now has some BS where it will mark your files with the ! if it isn't backing up yet. Go into mozy's configuration and check the box to disable icon overlays in Explorer.
Yeah online backup services or backup software does this on your pc. If you back them up normally you get a green circle with a check mark.
Oh sweet, ill try it out guys, thanks, i.e. I use mcafee
OMG Its gone! thanks guys!

[Image: ru6yxs.png]
No prob Smile Glad to help