Support Forums

Full Version: Selling a Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I started a forum but soon enough I lost interest in it. It's no longer active, but somebody has offered to buy it from me. I have never sold a forum before, and don't know how much it is worth:

http://www.theadminforums.net

Threads: 263
Members: 69
Posts per day: 16.46
Threads per day: 3.21
Members per day: 0.84
Posts per member: 19.57
Replies per thread: 4.13
Members who have posted: 43.48%

The posts range from June 26 to August 23, so while they are not new they aren't exactly old either. Most posts are also very thoughtful discussions, I as I made an expectation of quality posts.

So how much should I sell it for? Is it in a per post/per member basis? Should I do it based on visitor stats?

It's also coming with a custom skin, so that's important.
20 posts per member is a bit low tbh ^^

I've seen forums jump higher than that amount in a month, as opposed to two.

I've never sold one either, so good luck Thumbsup
(09-16-2010, 12:26 PM)Reality Wrote: [ -> ]20 posts per member is a bit low tbh ^^

I've seen forums jump higher than that amount in a month, as opposed to two.

I've never sold one either, so good luck Thumbsup

ya a bit inactive i might say but some people may find the url "Valuable"
GL selling this.
I think $30 would be a good sell.
The forum itsself is worthless obviously. No offence. I am just thinking monetarily.
Alexa rank of 1.2 mill. No PR.
There is no database to speak of and no member base. So its all about the domain really.
And for that domain i think if you can get $30 it would be a good sale.
Anything more would be great obviously.
Thats my opinion anyway.
hmm yea from what it looks like 20-40 bucks. depends on the buyer in most cases.
You have a bit of a start, but you should really be focusing on developing it more. If you want to sell it, you won't be profiting much. I would say $20.
The domain name is pretty good, I will check it out..
20-50 $ that is the best you could make from that.
Already sold it Smile Managed to get $50 for the template and database, and I'm keeping the domain name.
Hey not bad man, good job. A decent deal Smile
Pages: 1 2