Support Forums

Full Version: How's my drawing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Drew this in art today [Image: drawingw.jpg]

What do you think of it?
It looks pretty good. I should post some of my drawings!
I will not rate it excellent or so but it is good that i agree.

Way to go buddy!!
(09-08-2010, 11:33 PM)-[i]Dzire-™ Wrote: [ -> ]I will not rate it excellent or so but it is good that i agree.

Way to go buddy!!

Yeah i'm no top notch designer, but it's okay. Smile
Very nice drawing, good job. Smile
(09-09-2010, 03:23 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice drawing, good job. Smile

Thanks Smile this is the first time I've taken art as a class so I hope that by the end of the year I'll be better. Oui
Your lines look too aggressive and everything is out of proportion. The shading that there is, is quite poor.

I would suggest tracing an outline of a guitar and working from that. That way the proportions will be perfect.
Invest in some drawing pencils. It's amazing how different high quality pencils are from each other. They will really help with getting some depth into your drawing.

When shading, you need to create layers with your pencil.. For example, if you were shading a dark area, rather than pressing as hard down on the pencil as you can, build up soft layers until you get the darkness you want. That way you wont be left with horrible solid black lines that reflects a lot of light.

If I were to rate this honestly from an Illustrators point of view, I'm afraid it would be 1/10. But don't let that stop you.. You will get better the more you practice. Just keep drawing!!!!
6/10

its a nice drawing.

but not great. (im not one to judge when it comes to drawing though)
DamnBig Grin
Creative boi!
8/10
(09-09-2010, 05:57 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Your lines look too aggressive and everything is out of proportion. The shading that there is, is quite poor.

I would suggest tracing an outline of a guitar and working from that. That way the proportions will be perfect.
Invest in some drawing pencils. It's amazing how different high quality pencils are from each other. They will really help with getting some depth into your drawing.

When shading, you need to create layers with your pencil.. For example, if you were shading a dark area, rather than pressing as hard down on the pencil as you can, build up soft layers until you get the darkness you want. That way you wont be left with horrible solid black lines that reflects a lot of light.

If I were to rate this honestly from an Illustrators point of view, I'm afraid it would be 1/10. But don't let that stop you.. You will get better the more you practice. Just keep drawing!!!!

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I needed that.
Pages: 1 2