Support Forums

Full Version: Rules for a gaming community?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What would be good rules for a gaming community. (We already do not allow discussion about hacking/cheating) (Cheat codes are a completely different thing)
If you don't allow discussion on hacking/cheating in games then don't even allow people giving free keys to other members.
Rules? Depends on how you want your gaming community to be like. Do you want to allow pirates stuff?
I run Toasted Gaming over @ www.toastedgaming.co.cc (hosted on a subdomain of my personal webhosting account).

You can use our rules to sorta "get a feel" for what your forum rules can be like:
http://toastedgaming.floatingketchup.com....php?tid=2
I suggest you look at the rules at big gaming sites such as www.nextgenupdate.com and base your rules of something like theirs.
#1 - Nothing illegal. (You can expand on that)
The rest of the rules are yours to decide, what don't you want on your site? Swearing? Large signatures?
Make your own rules, don't ask us to do it for you. Your rules need to be things you don't want on your site, and things that make sure you don't get into trouble with your host. So think them out well.
No hacking, cracking, selling stolen account, posting personal account, spam referrals link, large signatures, flaming that others think they are better than others....
Start off with basic rules, only a couple. As your community progresses and new issues arise create more rules accordingly.
#1 No spamming
#2 No posting or requesting links to cracked games or game hacks
#3 No posting/requesting serial keys for games

Just a few to start with. It's mainly up to you as you run the boards.
Pages: 1 2