Support Forums

Full Version: Perl vs Python : Which is the best?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hm im bored with C++......So i decided to learn a scripting lang.I want ur opinions about the advantages and drawbacks of each one.......Also i cant find a greek python book so take into consideration of the this extra difficulty......
Perl .
In my opinion it's Python.
Still i have to admit that i like perl...but python is extremely useful..........
It depends. Perl is good for small stuff. After so many lines it's a mess to read. I've never really seen a big Perl project. Python on the other hand well....I know it more. WingIDE is a commercial IDE for Python made by Python. You want to make games? PyGame. Networking? Twisted. Web? Django, Zope, Web2Py, Web.py etc. Of course Perl may have all this but it will be hard to read.

I would say go for Python.
Python.. extremely user friendly.
ruby Tongue
(10-11-2009, 11:52 AM)Code King Wrote: [ -> ]ruby Tongue

Yeah Ruby and the Rails...Jeez CK are you the poster boy..Just kidding great produce

Which is better Perl or Python?

I would have to say Python because it was designed from the onset to be a general programming language while Perl became one piece meal
(10-11-2009, 03:01 PM)g4143 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Ruby and the Rails...Jeez CK are you the poster boy..Just kidding great produce

Which is better Perl or Python?

I would have to say Python because it was designed from the onset to be a general programming language while Perl became one piece meal

Still i cant find any good greek python book but i can with perl.Why most of u doesnt want perl?
Larger Applications; Python
Short quick hacked together fixes; Perl