Support Forums

Full Version: Maybe you could relate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't live in a big city, so we don't see a lot of homeless people begging for money, but I still remember when I saw a homeless and disabled person in a wheelchair. There was a man who was begging for money on the street wearing torn clothes in a wheelchair, I was approaching the side of the street where he was and I saw a teenager knock the man's hat off his head and onto the ground intentionally. The man obviously was in no condition to pick up his hat off the ground so he began asking people who were passing by if they could pick it up for him. I must have seen 10 or 20 people walk by ignoring the man and pretending he didn't even exist, I guess to the people if the man didn't exist they couldn't be wrong for not taking two seconds away from replying to an email on their Blackberry about their stable job which is paying for the 3 or more meals a day they eat in the comfort of their home. Until I saw one kind hearted person pick the man's hat and hand it to him, along with some dollar bills. I though to myself: Shouldn't that be a simple reaction people don't even have to think about? But I guess in our world today few people go out of their way to help out someone who they could care less about. The point of this post is just to salute anyone who has done a good deed today and maybe even to make you realize what wrongs you have committed today not by what you have done, but by what you haven't done.
Thanks for writing this.. it really made me think.
I never understood why people don't help others. It's really sad and sometimes only takes 2 seconds.
That's a sad story...shows how much people don't care anymore, i would've helped that man.
I would've knocked the teenager down into traffic. Yeah alot of people don't care about the homeless, it's sad. OP I'm in China for college and I see around 3+ homeless people here a day. It's not even funny how fudged up these people are, like most of these people have their legs broken or some sort of disfiguration. The people never have more than the equvialent of $2 USD in their buckets
(08-31-2010, 05:08 PM)Jack- Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for writing this.. it really made me think.

It really makes me appreciate the things I take for granted on a daily basis.
(08-31-2010, 05:28 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]That's a sad story...shows how much people don't care anymore, i would've helped that man.
I know, it would have been a simple reaction to me, but to some it's just an inconvenience and they wouldn't even take a few seconds to help the man.
Without reading the whole story I can tell you from personal experience Alot of the Bums you see around here at least are 10x Richer than Myself. I will re edit my post tomorrow After I have had a chance to read the whole thing.
There should be government programs to rehabilitate incapable people, or at least give them a fair shake. The cost of not doing it is just too great.
That is really sad, shows that people can be real asswipes, I couldnt agree more that people are terrible.
I've seen some seriously poor conditioned homeless growing up in southern California. People used to give them small packages of canned food, but there isn't much you can do for a person who is in that situation.
Pages: 1 2