Support Forums

Full Version: how do i
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how do i make a forum like this.. can someone help me.. whoever makes it will be admin..
install forum software on your server. PHPbb is part of the fantastico one click installer on cpanel, and myBB and vbulletin are easy to install.
one problem i just became knew to hacking and i dont no what that stuff is.
Wrong Section!

First you'll need a forum software, phpBB or myBB.
Both, and every forum software comes with an installation script wich you need to run once uploaded on your host.

If you let someone install your forum for you and set it up you shouldn't even consider running a forum.
(10-11-2009, 06:27 AM)H4cked Wrote: [ -> ]i still dont get it.

Download one of the above mentioned software.
Get you a php & mysql host, install the forum and start learing.
Each of them has very good support on their forums if you need help.
whats php and mysql host? sorry if im bothering you but i dont know these things
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=1021

Thats how you do it on a cPanel host specifically, but, it's pretty much the same thing. Also, read the tutorial in my signature.

If you're asking these questions you're not ready to be a forum owner quite yet. You are doing teh right thing in asking though.

Also, check out Vorfin's tut: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=469

A PHP/MySQL host is a host that has those features installed on their servers.
You dont know php and mysql, then you shouldn't be starting a forum. Also, what has hacking got to do with installing a forum.
I was wondering the same thing. To start a forum, really, you don't need any knowledge whatsoever of any programming language. However, to really do anything with it, you will need at least a basic knowledge of how the software works, which requires a basic knowledge of PHP/MySQL, a basic knowledge of XHTML/CSS, and some SEO knowledge D
h4cked, PM me on CH when you get a chance.
Pages: 1 2