Support Forums

Full Version: Samsung Sunburst Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently bought the Samsung Sunburst and downloaded some nice, free applications for it. I have a Micro SD card I use to store music on the phone and I put the application on the card from my computer, then moved it to my phone. When I attempt to open the file from my phone it says "Unsupported File Type" I have done my research and have converted the .JAR file to a .JAD file, but even that doesn't work. Any suggestions you have to offer would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!
Is it possible that the Micros SD card is corrupting the application because of the file types? It might be that the card was designed for music and other file types like the application become corrupt when transferring.

This seems plausible with the error: "Unsupported File Type"
(08-29-2010, 11:09 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible that the Micros SD card is corrupting the application because of the file types? It might be that the card was designed for music and other file types like the application become corrupt when transferring.

This seems plausible with the error: "Unsupported File Type"

I think the problem is that my phone in order to prevent against pirating games/applications which you must pay for will not execute those filetypes unless in the games/applications folder which I don't have write access to.
It would make sense that you cannot transfer to protect against piracy. However I wouldn't of thought it would corrupt the whole file.
It's not corrupted it just won't execute the application.