Support Forums

Full Version: How to Install Windows 7 via USB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made this tutorial on hackforums.net and pasted it here
How to install Windows 7 Via USB

In this Tutorial there will be:
Were to get your version of windows 7 you require.
What programs you will need.
What equiptment you will need.
How to Burn the Iso to the USB.

First of all we will need a USB device bigger than 2.3GB in size for this tutorial i shall be using a 4GB kingston DataTraveler.
Then we will need the Windows 7 .iso of the version you require.
You can find DIRECT download links on THIS website (ultimate links are down at the moment.)
You will also need a Program to burn the .iso to your USB device.
Now you Have a choice of two here.
THIS One
Or
THISOne

Ok so before we go any further into this tutorial your USB device needs to be formatted and contain no other files/programs.

Now lets move on, you will down want to download Magic ISO from HERE Once downloaded Install it to your computer.
Once installed you want to Mount the Windows 7 version of your choice onto Magic ISO simply go to Magic ISO and click Mount the find the ISO on your computer.

Next step Is to open your tool that you are going to burn the .iso to your USB device with, I shall be using the second tool i provided as from personal experience it works better.

Now open the program up accept the TOS then click the Green tick as you can see in the picture below:

Once you have clicked the green tick a new window will ope just click Next.

Now you will have a window looking like this:

Now For the Windows file path choose your disc drive were you mounted the .iso earlier in the tutorial.

For the USB drive choose the location of your usb thumb drive.

Then click Next.

Once you have clicked next you will get a new window open and it will start burning the .iso to the USB device.

Once finished you will want to close all programs that are open and restart your PC while tapping F2 multiple times.

This will in turn bring up the BIOS then you will go across to boot then move your USB device to the TOP using F6 once its at the top press F10 to save and exit a little window will pop up and you will then press Yes.

From there you PC will reboot its self and load up from the USB device.

There will the follow a Windows 7 set-up guide you will have to follow this guide for a clear and full installation of Windows 7.

Then it will reboot a few times during this process.

Once it is fully installed you will need to buy a Genuine Windows 7 Product key for the version you have just installed. These ca be found in the Marketplace Premium sellers section Or Secondary sellers section

Once you have the key go to start then right click Computer then Properties then scroll to the bottom and there will be a option to change the Product Key there enter your key and continue.

This now wraps my tutorial on how to install Windows 7 via a USB device.

If you liked my tutorial please say thank you and leave good feedback.

I would like to Thank motherd for the links to some of these programs in this tutorial.Blackhat

This was my first ever full tutorial on hackforums and it took some time for me to do.

Well i,m using same method as mentioned above , its work fine but sometime it sucks while booting..
(08-26-2010, 02:33 PM)【 ¶ÑÇƦ€Ƿ¦ßŁΞ 】 Wrote: [ -> ]Well i,m using same method as mentioned above , its work fine but sometime it sucks while booting..

Has never done it for me yet i personally have a option when booting for windows 7 or windows vista Huh
Nice! I never even had the idea of booting 7 off a usb, I only thought people did it with linux
Too bad my Flash Drive (USB) is a freakin 1gb. I want to remove this stupid windows xp and get windows 7. Whatever, eventually I will get it
I tried this method brother but I got boot problem. Any suggestion?
Well thanks for this tutorial i'll try this later and will reply.
I saw this method on the youtube,tried it and failed
I don't know where I go wrong but my pc never boots up from the USB Pen drive Sad
It is very helpful to me, thanks for shairng mate.
I needed this about a month ago.Thanks for the tut thought.
Pages: 1 2