Support Forums

Full Version: Mybb permissions "you need X amount of posts before posting here" how to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

In mybb (lastest version) there is a permission that stop someone from posting in a specified section unless that person has X amount of posts.how is this permission set?

Thanks,
From memory you have to make a user group and only give that usergroup access to the forum you are restricting access to (along with your staff and admin) and then set it to automatically promote users to that group when they get a certain post count.
(10-11-2009, 02:46 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]From memory you have to make a user group and only give that usergroup access to the forum you are restricting access to (along with your staff and admin) and then set it to automatically promote users to that group when they get a certain post count.

Yea, I think you are correct. I can do this globally, but I cannot find anywhere that allows me to specify exactly which section I want the rule applied too. anyone know?
You want to do it for a specific FID?
Forum & Posts ---> (Forum) Options ---> Permissions ---> Set Permissions of (Usergroup that you don't want to allow posting) ----> Check or uncheck anything
Just make sure you uncheck default permissions first lol. I did that once with the Staff forums of a forum I was running lol. Also, make sure you go into the group promotions to set up the promotion based on X amount of posts or X amount of days registered. I believe there is also a plugin somewhere on the web (either the mybb site, mybbcentral, or mybbsource) that allows you to set the minimum amount of posts to access a specific FID.
Guys,

Got it working! ty! I have another question now =). When someone new tries to post in a section where these permissions are set, instead of getting a pop up that says "you need x posts to make a thread" it just gives them this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

How can I create the popup? (pretty sure its a plugin, I just don't know what it's called)

Thanks,