Support Forums

Full Version: Has anyone tried fluxBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a very lightweight forum. It's very secure, and about 400kb in total. Has anyone tried, or even heard of this?
I have never tried it, but I am aware of it. Two sites which use it are Piwigo and Arch Linux.
Oooh, I was just curious. I am decent friends with most of the developers.
I've never seen fluxBB before. However; if you want to create a forum, I recommend using MyBB.
FluxBB is a lighter alternative to MyBB, for those who don't want a broad range of forum features.

You can try a demo of FluxBB version 1.4 here with the username 'admin' and password 'demo123'.
This is much to simple for my liking.
I can't see myself using FluxBB anytime soon. I can see that for those who want to create a quick, simple forum without much experience, FluxBB would probably be the perfect choice. But it seems you don't get many customization settings and everything is far to simple and plain.
at 400kb it's either coded very well or has lots of un-patched security holes.
I would recommend mybb. I don't see the point in a "lightweight" forum unless your hosting a tiny private forum on a vps.
Lightweight forums are good if you implement one into your website as an additional feature for users to discuss what ever your website may be about. Rather than using it purely to create a discussion board like SF.