Support Forums

Full Version: cellphone tracking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I lost my phone a while back but then I did not know anything about tracking and gps.

Now I am getting a new phone and want to make sure when I lose it again I must be able to track and find it.

I heard that there is software you can load on your phone and then it will (when activated with and sms) send you the coordinates of the phones location.

I need it to be free and I do not want anything to do with emergency call centers or anything like that, it must only be a program I load on my cell and and when I send it an sms it must send back its location.

Thanks
Or you can go out and buy a Tracker.
For about £10 Smile
Why would I want to buy a tracker if my phone is already fitted with a gps?

All I need is the software.
What If your phone is off?
(08-24-2010, 03:10 AM)myposbussie Wrote: [ -> ]Why would I want to buy a tracker if my phone is already fitted with a gps?

All I need is the software.

If this is for the iPhone, I've seen lots of these types of "Tracking apps" on the appstore but surprisingly enough they had real bad reviews.

-.Fr0z3n
Apple Iphone OS and Symbian OS offer numerous applications used in tracking your lost phone .. but you should mention your brand and model no. first
its a Sony Ericsson Elm
Tainted, Where would you buy this tracker you are talking about?
how does it work?
You cannot trace a cell phone without physically putting a device inside it.
Didn't realise this was possible. Please elaborate.
(10-06-2010, 03:27 PM)JMK940 Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot trace a cell phone without physically putting a device inside it.

That is totally incorrect! How do you think government agencies track suspects?