Support Forums

Full Version: Rant About
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've opened a little free forum in my spare time for people to post what's bothering them in life.

http://www.rantabout.co.cc

I know I haven't got a real domain, but once I get more users and setup adsense I'll purchase a domain.
You need a custom theme, or at least spruce up the default one.

Your forum looks baron. You have so many categories and no posts.

You're logo doesn't match the theme and the site is from a free hosting company "MyBBNew"

However, I think the concept of the site is pretty cool and you could make it work.
Well lets hold off making new sections before you get any members. That will make the board look dead (No posts in any section) and you don't want that.

Add sections as you go along and improve your site. Outside of that you will need a good theme.
Awesomestyles.com is a great place for new themes added weekly. Good luck and hope you continue this.
You should work hard to make your forum popular , So try to post 10-20 HQ threads per day about your forum title ..
I wish you good luck for your forum ,

One more thing as SAM said above "You need a custom theme for your forum".
1) Read this http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...New-Forums
2) Get a real host
3) New theme
4) New logo

Definitely has potential, though.
Thanks for all your input guys, I've made it to where there is only one forum to post rants. I can always add categories if I get more specific posts, I am currently working on the theme and logo.
I just had a look at the website and all I can see is a clean MyBB Installation. I don't think this website can get anywhere without you putting in any effort. For example you didn't even make a thread yourself so why would anyone else? You can't just wait for people to come to your website and grow it.

To improve it:
- First add some content and maybe more categories
- The design of the website can be improved but if you don't have any experience with designing look for a theme on the internet which aims at your target audience (one of the members mentioned this website, you might want to check it out)
- For me it doesn't matter if you are using a free web host at the beginning but it would be a lot better to buy a TLD
- Think about SEO. It can help more than you think.
- Also think about marketing. You don't have to pay for advertisement. If you put the work in and add some quality content you can advertise your website yourself. e.g. on other forums (But do not spam! spamming will only give your website a bad image).

These are just some of the things you can work on to improve your website. Good luck!
(08-22-2010, 07:47 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]You need a custom theme, or at least spruce up the default one.

Your forum looks baron. You have so many categories and no posts.

You're logo doesn't match the theme and the site is from a free hosting company "MyBBNew"

However, I think the concept of the site is pretty cool and you could make it work.

All of this is true. Follow that and you will be golden.
Bumping this thread, I've been working on the site a bit and I want your new opinions.
Honestly it's pretty basic, I don't like the theme :/
Pages: 1 2