Support Forums

Full Version: what could be the problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, so i have my old laptop that i use alot and about a year ago my xp media center edition just started to fail, so i got windows 7, and now about a year later i turn on my laptop and it gives me two options to boot normally or in repair mode. so if i boot in repair mode it will look like it is working then just go to a blank screen. Now if i boot normally it will blue screen right away. So now i tryed to reinstall win 7 and it just goes to a black screen and does nothing.
Did you reformat your hard drive or just install over the previous OS?
installed over the old OS. i think a piece of hardware is probably malfunctioning. HELP?
No, reformat your hard drive and then install a new OS. That should fix it.
i cant boot up in any way shape or form i have tried everything so there is no way to reformat my hd. plus it is an os problem not a hard ware prob so idk its a pos anyway. Next step for me is to try ubuntu just to get it to boot then i will reinstall windows that way. but oh well lol
You should be able to boot to bios if its not a hardware issue. Then select to boot from CD first.
Thus avoiding the OS all together. If there is still a problem then i would say its hardware for sure.
But you say you can get boot option up in third post. So then why cant you boot off the CD and just reinstall?
(08-16-2010, 10:45 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to boot to bios if its not a hardware issue. Then select to boot from CD first.
Thus avoiding the OS all together. If there is still a problem then i would say its hardware for sure.
But you say you can get boot option up in third post. So then why cant you boot off the CD and just reinstall?

This is what I was going to say next haha