Support Forums

Full Version: i need help getting users to my forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys so i got a forums and i was wondering what are some good ideas drive traffic to your site? i get the hits but i need more active users. i have alot of cool features that most forums dont have. im just not very good at getting the traffic any ideas?
What's your site URL?
A pretty good idea is working on your SEO.

You could exchange links with forums/websites that get a lot of traffic. That way you should probably get a visit to your website each time 10 people visit the website you're link exchanging with.

Google is important, make sure you know how it works, and how you can make your website in the top 3 pages (etc..).

Other than that, it's just treating your members good so they tell their friends about it.

Anyway, good luck!
You can PM your site url to members, Gpizzle.

SF is typical of forums where gaining - and retaining - active users is a challenge. What kept me coming back was constantly updated content and the ideas of other members. Don't be too harsh on yourself, and don't give up creating content and encouraging members to do so, with your forum.
Most people's forums die because of members who lose interest or owners who don't keep at it.
Most sites won't "take off" and you have to keep in mind that building a good forum takes time and effort.

It's not as simple as "getting members".
(08-18-2010, 03:21 PM)Road Kamelot Wrote: [ -> ]Most people's forums die because of members who lose interest or owners who don't keep at it.
Most sites won't "take off" and you have to keep in mind that building a good forum takes time and effort.

It's not as simple as "getting members".
yeah I know but im more than willing to put the time effort and money into my site
Cool features IMO are usually a reward for users to keep them happy rather than an attraction.

Example, the awards system is awesome for a user and always fun to have one on your account, however I wouldn't see anyone specifically joining a website to gain an award.

So, really, if you're getting the hits it's more a manner of (besides getting more hits Tongue) creating active, interesting content, getting others involved in the discussion, and then eventually more people will see that topic and register to say something in it. Keep it unique as a forum, original as content(Unless a discussion of a recent happening), and always welcoming of new members.

If you have current members, contests are fun to make them post more, encourage others to join, and also pushing people to join due to the topic at hand.

Other than that, you really just need to constantly have it in the back of your mind to think of new ideas, and then eventually it will come to you. Sometimes on my new forum I'll have like 5-6 people on a day...next thing I know I have 15-20 people on at anytime.

It'll fluctuate and get discouraging but if it's truly in your heart that you want it, it will happen. Just keep it original, and good luck.

Brandon
Give some Good packages like you will give them something if they join your site and make an announcement on your site!!
First of all if you have some money then you must rush towards microworkes and buy some users from there.
Then, make many as much as possible unique threads so that the user who have first came to your site stay long reading them.
At last, make your site SEO friendly.
Content. Is the main factor, without content what can people find? Secondly SEO, if you have content that can be found you're almost there.
Pages: 1 2