Support Forums

Full Version: How To Create A Christmas Star!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Step 1

Firstly we need to create a new document – File > New, the size is 600 pixels wide and 420 pixels high. Fill the background with a radial gradient using the gradient tool. The two green colours I have used are #86a722 and #2d380d

[Image: IMAGE1-4.png]

Step 2

Create a new layer and select the custom shape tool from the tool box (under the rectangle tool – left click and hold to see). Go to the list of shapes and choose a star shaped one and set the colour to white. Make the star shape in the middle of the document.

*IMAGE2HERE*

Step 3

Apply the following layer styles to the star. To access the layer styles window right click the layer in the layers window and go blending options.

[Image: IMAGE2-3.png]
[Image: IMAGE3-4.png]
[Image: IMAGE4-3.png]

Step 4

Now we are going to be applying a shine effect to our star, so create another new layer and select the area of the star (Ctrl + Click layer’s icon).

[Image: IMGAE5.png]

Go Select > Modify > Contract by 3 pixels.

[Image: IMAGE6-3.png]

Select the gradient tool and set it to linear and white to transparent. Fill the selection with this gradient so you have something like this.

[Image: IMGAGE7.png]

Lower the opacity to 75%.

[Image: IMAGE8-2.png]

Step 5

As a finishing touch we are going to be adding a starburst effect in the background so create a new layer above the background layer and make a shape using the ‘registration target 2′ shape so that you can’t see the outside of it.

[Image: IMAGE9-2.png]

-> If you don't have that shape//pattern. You can use THIS <--- Tutorial on how to make one. <-

Set the blend mode to Overlay and the opacity to 10% and you are complete.

[Image: FINISHINGIMAGE.png]

Hah, Hope you enjoyed looking through this easy-cheezy tutorial!

- Please comment to

~ P
Wow, your GFX is great Plutonium.
(08-15-2010, 01:59 AM)Gush Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, your GFX is great Plutonium.

Hah. Thank you Gush! ;)

~ P
Well it's good but for that horrible background Tongue
(08-15-2010, 03:24 AM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's good but for that horrible background Tongue

IMO it was good ;'(
Another great tutorial made by you! Good job!
Awesome TUTs man,
Keep it up Big Grin
Nice tutorial but I'd recommend tweaking the soften in the bevel a bit to get a smoother effect, just a personal preference though.
Your a pro man, thanks I did it but it didnt turn out good ;/
(03-02-2011, 04:53 PM)Melted oreo Wrote: [ -> ]Your a pro man, thanks I did it but it didnt turn out good ;/

Try not to bump threads really old.
Also he's crap, he ripped every single one of his tutorials and claimed them as his own. We found him out and he never came back.
Pages: 1 2