Support Forums

Full Version: How To Make A Page Fold Effect!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Step 1

Create a new document (mine is 600 by 420 pixels) and fill with a dark gradient or solid colour. I’ve filled mine with a radial gradient from #242424 to #0e0e0e.

[Image: IMAGE1-3.png]

Step 2

On a new layer select the rounded rectangle tool and make a rectangle 250 pixels wide and 300 pixels high with a colour of white and a radius of 5 pixels. This is our page ;)

[Image: IMAGE2-2.png]

Step 3

Using the polygonal lasso tool make this selection. Hold down the shift key to make it line up at a 45 degree angle.

[Image: IMAGE3-3.png]

Step 4

Rasterize the layer (right click > rasterize layer) and remove selection (hit delete).

[Image: IMAGE4-2.png]

Step 5

On a new layer use the rounded rectangle tool to make a 100 by 100 pixel white box.

[Image: IMAGE5-2.png]

Step 6

This is our fold part, and we want to get rid of the part outside of the page so firstly rasterize the layer like we did before. Now select the area of the page (Ctrl + click the layer’s thumbnail) and invert selection (Select > Inverse) and hit delete.

[Image: IMAGE6-2.png]

Step 7

Duplicate this fold layer and fill with a linear gradient from the top right to the bottom left using the colours #c8c8c8 and #eeeeee. This is the fold shadow layer.

[Image: IMAGE7-1.png]

Step 8

Go Edit > Transform > Warp and stretch out the bottom left corner. Hit enter to set the transformation

[Image: IMAGE8-1.png]

Step 9

Move the shadow layer below the fold layer (in the layers window by dragging)

[Image: IMAGE9-1.jpg]

Step 10

And there you have it, your page fold effect! You may also want to warp the fold layer to the left at the bottom too.

Finishing Results;

[Image: ENDINGIMAGE.png]

Hope you liked this tutorial! ;)

~ P
You're really going all out on these tutorials mate. Fantastic work keep it up.
(08-14-2010, 01:45 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]You're really going all out on these tutorials mate. Fantastic work keep it up.

Yeah, I know. I'm just trying my best =)!

Btw, Check my GFX thread. Should it be stickied?

~ P
Dang bro, i really like all your tutorials.. Keep it up!
(08-14-2010, 01:47 PM)XACTLYSIN Wrote: [ -> ]Dang bro, i really like all your tutorials.. Keep it up!

Hah thanks, You know. Im Plutonium! *giggles*
Hmm weird almost every time I see a page fold effect it bends inwards rather than outwards.
I think it bending inwards looks better though but anyway nice tutorial.
Another good tut. I might try this out.
Very nice tutorials mate.
(08-14-2010, 02:29 PM)Gush Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice tutorials mate.

Thanks! Smile

~ P
Ha, this is a really cool tutorial Big Grin I like these effects on a website.

* 1,000th post WOO *
Pages: 1 2