Support Forums

Full Version: How To Make A Search Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Step 1

First off create a new document to house the search box (or add it to one of your existing designs). I’ve filled the background of mine with the colour #2e3033

[Image: IMAGE1-2.jpg]

Step 2

Using the Rounded Rectangle Tool make a white rectangle with radius 10px and dimensions 200x40px. This will be where we enter our search terms.

[Image: 024_step2.jpg]

Step 3

Using the text tool add in some dummy text. The font styling I’ve used is Arial, Bold, 15 pt, Sharp, #37393d.

[Image: IMAGE3-2.jpg]

Step 4

Now we’ll make a button for the search action. Using the same tool make a 80x40px rectangle

[Image: IMAGE4-1.jpg]

Step 5

Apply this gradient overlay to the button layer.

[Image: IMAGE5-1.jpg]

Step 6

Add some text for the button. The font styling I’ve used here is Arial, Bold, 15 pt, Sharp, #ffffff with an outer glow of 30% #000000. I’ve also added another darker rectangle behind the search field and button and a radial gradient in the background.

[Image: IMAGE6-1.jpg]

-/ There, Another tutorial by me. YES, I used Photoshop CS5 & not the CS4 this time. Not sure why though.. XD

My fingers are bleeding.. rawr..

* This will be useful if you're having a HTML website! =)

~ P
Really simple but the end result looks pretty awesome.

Perhaps you could create a tutorial on how to make a full webpage?

Thanks.
(08-14-2010, 06:45 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Really simple but the end result looks pretty awesome.

Thanks.

I could, But that would take ages *not really.*

I'll consider it =)
You make the best tutorials Plutonium.
(08-14-2010, 06:49 AM)Gush Wrote: [ -> ]You make the best tutorials Plutonium.

Well thank you! Smile
(08-14-2010, 06:45 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Really simple but the end result looks pretty awesome.

Thanks.

Yea, you should do this
(08-14-2010, 08:17 AM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, you should do this

As I said. I'll consider it.
Thank you for this tutorial, it is noob friendly and it sure does help me as I am starting to lear graphics.
(08-14-2010, 08:33 AM)Currymanz Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this tutorial, it is noob friendly and it sure does help me as I am starting to lear graphics.

Glad you liked it! ;)
Haha keep it up is awesome !.

-xLnT
Pages: 1 2