Support Forums

Full Version: How to make Vista Looking Text /// Glossy Effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: PlutoniumGraphicTutorials.png]

Step 1
To start with, create a new document about 600 pixels by 420 pixels. Fill the background with a radial using the colour #23849e and #03675b.

[Image: IMAGE1-1.jpg]

Step 2
On a new layer apply a radial gradient from #023d3f to transparent in the bottom left corner.

Step 3
Select the text tool and type whatever you want. The font I’ve chosen for this tutorial is Segoe UI with a colour of #023d3f.

[Image: IMAGE3-1.png]

Step 4
Now we are going to be applying a few layer styles to our text to make it clear and glossy looking.

[Image: IMAGE4.png]
[Image: IMAGE5.png]
[Image: IMAGE6.png]
[Image: IMAGE7.png]
[Image: IMAGE8.png]
[Image: image9.png]

Step 5
Next up is the shine effect. Create a new layer and select the area of the text (Ctrl + Click icon in the layers window).

Step 6
Using the elliptical marquee tool deselect the bottom half (hold down the Alt key to deselect from a selection).

Step 7
Select the gradient tool and set it to linear, and fill the selection with a gradient from white to transparent. Set the blend mode to Overlay and the opacity to 75%.

Step 8
As a finishing touch, I’ve added a couple of words in the same font but this time italics.

The Result:

[Image: IMAGE10.png]

- Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!

* Sorry if the images aren't aligning properly. Heh..

~ P
I really like this effect. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Not really glossy but nice anyway.
Good tutorial.
(08-14-2010, 05:41 AM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Not really glossy but nice anyway.
Good tutorial.

Well, It's SORT of glossy.. right? =)

Thanks.
Thanks a lot for sharing.
Thanks for the info.
(08-14-2010, 05:53 AM)Gush Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info.

No worries! =)

Anyone else liked this? Pirate
pretty cool mate ^_^
All of your threads so far at supportforums are about graphics and all of them helped me!
Welcome to Support Forums, Plutonium. Your threads are a great addition to this section.
Pages: 1 2 3