Support Forums

Full Version: New [Rookie]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I was bored. So I randomly made this. It probably looks a mess and everything I done was wrong, but here it is.

[Image: 2r4gy1d.png]
I think it looks pretty good. Very nice.
(08-06-2010, 11:39 AM)Cybr Wrote: [ -> ]I think it looks pretty good. Very nice.

Thanks. C:

I was getting ready for criticism.
Eve gives really good constructive criticism.
The only thing I'd fix is the lighting to the right of the render. I think it's a little too bright.
I think all the effects around the character detract from the overall appearance, try to add more emphasis on the character.
It has a nice flow to it and the soft colours complement the render. Effects on the right side overlap the render, when it could be smudged lightly instead. Text effect is flattering. Positioning of text is better placed closer to the focal point of the signature - try reducing font size and positioning it next to her hand.
As nobody gives any criticism i will do it Tongue

I like it but you could do the following,

Add Stroke to the background(Inside) and put the size of the Stroke to 1px-2px maxiumum, and it should be black color. You also could do some more things on it like putting a C4D on it or so, some sharpeing & bluring won't kill you, You also could try smudging you can search for a tutorial how to smudge here on or on Google. Text should look more simple and professional, the opacity could be a bit lowered, like at 90% or so, at the end i would say you could put Diagonalic scan lines and put the opacity of them to 4-12%.

Hope you likit my criticism. If you wonder why my signature is sucky because i was bored and maked something random fast.

~ Simba1337
(08-06-2010, 11:43 AM)Cybr Wrote: [ -> ]Eve gives really good constructive criticism.
The only thing I'd fix is the lighting to the right of the render. I think it's a little too bright.

Yeahh, I thought that too. I'll dull it down a bit.

(08-06-2010, 11:52 AM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]It has a nice flow to it and the soft colours complement the render. Effects on the right side overlap the render, when it could be smudged lightly instead. Text effect is flattering. Positioning of text is better placed closer to the focal point of the signature - try reducing font size and positioning it next to her hand.

Okay, will do. I put it above her head but it didn't work. I'll try it there.

(08-06-2010, 11:54 AM)simba1337 Wrote: [ -> ]As nobody gives any criticism i will do it Tongue

I like it but you could do the following,

Add Stroke to the background(Inside) and put the size of the Stroke to 1px-2px maxiumum, and it should be black color. You also could do some more things on it like putting a C4D on it or so, some sharpeing & bluring won't kill you, You also could try smudging you can search for a tutorial how to smudge here on or on Google. Text should look more simple and professional, the opacity could be a bit lowered, like at 90% or so, at the end i would say you could put Diagonalic scan lines and put the opacity of them to 4-12%.

Hope you likit my criticism. If you wonder why my signature is sucky because i was bored and maked something random fast.

~ Simba1337

Thanks for the advice. (:
Glad you didn't pissed off because of my criticism (; Hope you will show us another example soon with the tips i gived you.
(08-06-2010, 12:43 PM)simba1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you didn't pissed off because of my criticism (; Hope you will show us another example soon with the tips i gived you.

No ofcourse not. I'm open to criticism, it helps me improve my skills. At the moment I'm on my mobile, when I get back to PC I'll edit it.
Pages: 1 2