Support Forums

Full Version: WinSock how do we use it now-a-days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So does anyone know how we use WinSockets now a days? I need to know! It seems everything doesnt work
Like?
Code:
Imports System.Net.Sockets

Public Class Form1
    Dim sock As New TcpClient()
    Dim ip As IPAddress = IPAddress.Parse("127.0.0.1")
    Dim port As Integer = 81
Vorfin, would you know any good sources up-2-date to learn this???
Not public ones, sorry, the only ones I have is my RAT(Private Source) Although if you look around HackForums, and HackHound you might be able to find some examples.
Alright thanks Vorfin, I will take a look around hackforums.

Vorfin, I have found a book, seems to be on .NET written in 2003, you could probbaly google it, if you want a direct link to download tell me, so anyways here it is

[Image: bookques.jpg]

I was wondering judging by that code snappit, do you think it could provide usefull insite?

Here is a quote from the Section Chapter 14, "Adding digital Telephony" Chapter tells you how to make a answer system for your phone, well take a look at this.

"To implement a simple phone dialer in .NET, open Visual Studio
.NET and start a new Windows forms project. Right-click on the toolbox
and click Customize Toolbox (or Add/Remove Items in Visual Studio
.NET 2003). Click on the COM Controls tab, and then add the Microsoft
Communications control (
MSCOMM.OCX
). Drag this onto the form, and set
the
comport
property to the COM port number to which your modem is
connected. Add a button to the form, named
btnPhone
, click it, and add
this code:"

Now the text up their is a little jumbled from the PDF but you get the idea. It says, "MSCOMM.OCX" I could not find that in the Visual Studio 2008? Any Idea?? Maybe I need to download a lower version of Visual Studio, what do you think?
It could be, but I was under the impression to use phone calling, you have to be on dial-up. Something to do with the phones tone.
Well did you look at the code, with the TcpClient, take a look and tell me if that looks up to date, I am only good with looking at the C++ Code haha, this stuff is new for me.. I've been reading books thowe.
Yep, it looks up to date to me. Although if you want to start using VB.NET for WinSock, I would advise learning some C#, as it is more high end than VB.NET. As you already know some C++ it should even be easier to learn than VB.NET would.
Haha, I dont need more complexity I came to VB.NET for simplicity, all it will be doing it contacting web servers, sending messages back and forth, this isn't a game hah, but thanks \/orfin, you Help is highly appreciated at Support Forums, and HackForums! See you on the journey.

Best Wishes, CppS3an
Ive had troubles with this ..