Support Forums

Full Version: MyBB Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need someone to help me on my forum. I was changing the New Posts, No New Posts and Forum Locked images, but they don't show up. They appear at the bottom of the page but not next to the forums. Please give me some help guys!
If they show up at the bottom it means your theme wasn't set up right. Did you just replace the files or edit the template?

Also no need to bump it was only a few hours.
I edited the template.
Well that's the problem. It would have been easier just to replace the images.

Umm, I don't have access to a MyBB right now so I can't tell you where you have to edit it for the forums.
Are they gif images?
Quote:It would have been easier just to replace the images.
Thats not good if your images have to be .png
If your images are .gif, you can just replace the original images with your new ones.
If they are .png, open your 'forumbit_depth2_cat' and 'forumbit_depth2_forum' and change
Code:
{$lightbulb['folder']}.gif
To
Code:
{$lightbulb['folder']}.png
(10-10-2009, 07:40 PM)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Thats not good if your images have to be .png
If your images are .gif, you can just replace the original images with your new ones.
If they are .png, open your 'forumbit_depth2_cat' and 'forumbit_depth2_forum' and change
Code:
{$lightbulb['folder']}.gif
To
Code:
{$lightbulb['folder']}.png

Errmmm... I'm new to MyBB. To be honest, I don't know what you mean. Sorry. I need an admin on my site who knows MyBB.
Ah sorry, I have a tendency to do that Tongue

Are your images .gif or .png?
(10-10-2009, 07:47 PM)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Ah sorry, I have a tendency to do that Tongue

Are your images .gif or .png?

They are .png
Here are the steps for what you need to do.
  1. Upload your images to your forums root directory
  2. Go to Admin CP>>Templates & Style>>Templates>>**Your theme**>>Expand the "Forum Bit Templates">>Open 'forumbit_depth2_cat'
  3. Find {$lightbulb['folder']}.gif and replace with {$lightbulb['folder']}.png
  4. Save and Return to Listing
  5. Open 'forumbit_depth2_forum' and repeat steps 3-4

That should be it, hope that makes a little more sense!
Pages: 1 2