Support Forums

Full Version: acer aspire 3680
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i bought an acer aspire 3680 off a friend upgraded the ram to 2 gigs an hard drive to 250gb now i heard i could also upgrade the processor to a core 2 t5300 anyone know if thats true or not??
You can't install a new CPU in a laptops motherboard (Or last time i heard at least) Why not just upgrade? I just bought an aspire that was 500 gigs and 3 gigs slim one.. Can't remember the version atm...
(10-10-2009, 03:07 PM)killagamea1341 Wrote: [ -> ]so i bought an acer aspire 3680 off a friend upgraded the ram to 2 gigs an hard drive to 250gb now i heard i could also upgrade the processor to a core 2 t5300 anyone know if thats true or not??

You should be able to upgrade the cpu, but some companies solder their cpu's on the mobo. You should goto the Acer site and download the Service Manual and check.
If the cpu is able to be taken off you will be able to upgrade if not thats unfortunate.