Support Forums

Full Version: Internet Working but Websites not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so basically my internet is working, but the problem is that it's not fully working. For some reason, everything except Google ADsense and Gmail doesn't work, which is kind of weird. However, what makes it even more strange is that online gaming works, such as World of Warcraft, Call of Duty MW2 and other Steam games. My Ventrilo client (voice chatting) also works. I would also like to mention that all the other computers in he household aren't having this issue and are functioning just fine, as a matter of fact, I'm using my Wifi to type this.

This all happened after I unplugged my Internet and went into safe mode to run a malware scan, in which I removed two malware. After removing the malware, I started my computer up normally and plugged the ethernet cord back into my router. It has done this before but not for a prolonged amount of time. I've done the obvious of restarting my router and computer. Any ideas here?
What happens when you try to open a website?
You mayhave a Rogue Anti-Spyware Program.

Are you noticing any strange popups or redirects?
There are no pop-ups or redirects. When I go to a web page it just says "This webpage is not available." It says the website may be temporarily down or something of the sort, at least that's what google chrome says. Firefox on the otherhand tells me to check the proxy settings.

Edit: I also can't connect to my router from my browser, which makes no sense considering I'm using an ethernet chord.
It may have something to do with your port settings. Another program could be using the ports normally used by your browser.

Run cmd, type netstat -an to check addresses and ports for anything unusual.
(08-04-2010, 11:22 PM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]It may have something to do with your port settings. Another program could be using the ports normally used by your browser.

Run cmd, type netstat -an to check addresses and ports for anything unusual.

Alright, what should I be looking for?
See Determining if a port is in use.. Identify a process ID that shouldn't be there and stop it.
It would be really helpful if you would tell us the error you receive on those particular sites.
I personally dont think its anything but perhaps a reboot needed to re asign your ip to network properly but i may be wrong.
Alright guys, I've fixed it. Oddly enough, all of my browsers were trying to use a proxy which I have disabled in the browser settings. Very weird, I'm thinking the malware I had could've caused that.

Thanks everyone for the help by the way!
Glad that you resolved the issue.