Support Forums

Full Version: Anonymous rep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why do we need Anonymous rep here in support forums?

I got Anonymous -1rep and the person said "General is cool!!! " that's no reason to -rep.
I want talk to the person who -rep me. Nono
I -1 rep general a couple of days ago for spamming 50 posts in a day which I though deserved -1.

Or there should be a thread to get some Anonymous rep removed if there is a stupid reason with it. You don't want your reputation to go down because of some idiots.. Sad
Yeah, i also don't like the anonymous rep abillity because you don't know who hates/liked you.
I don't like the anonymous reputation system either, but Omni has it there for a reason. Although, it can create a lot of rep abuse if the site got a lot more members.
People are just scared to get revenge repped, so they do it anonymously. Gets pretty annoying -_-'
It's here because people can honestly negative rep you and not have to worry about rep spam back or abuse.

Please remember anonymous rep is not anonymous to Staff members, any abuse will be taken care of.
(08-04-2010, 03:19 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]It's here because people can honestly negative rep you and not have to worry about rep spam back or abuse.

Please remember anonymous rep is not anonymous to Staff members, any abuse will be taken care of.
Exactly. Immature members seem to think it's ok to -rep for revenge. It's not. So it's there for a reason. I know I anonymous +rep members sometimes because I do not want them to think I like them, and I don't want them to revenge +rep me. ;p
I think it is needed, why you ask?
Because i gave out a -1 supposedly "anonymous" reputation just recently to a member who i thought deserved it.
(i also remove them when they improve the quality of their posts.) Not to mention this only works if the staff members don't leak information to other members about who the anonymous reputation is from, so i think it's totally pointless. So i gave out an anonymous reputation, and it came back in retaliation anyway because there is corruption among staff here, so imho the anonymous reputation feature is pointless and void because one of the trustworthy staff members will rat you out & expose you, or the person of interest is doing something they shouldn't be doing. Either way the -rep went out anonymous and it's anything but now.
Well a big part of the community on here is from HF, where Omni said expect revenge rep if you -rep someone, people shouldn't be so scared of their rep if they actually wanna -rep someone.
A corruption amongst staff? I really don't think this is true... Also this thread is getting silly. :S
(08-04-2010, 03:33 PM)ReaLiTy Wrote: [ -> ]Well a big part of the community on here is from HF, where Omni said expect revenge rep if you -rep someone, people shouldn't be so scared of their rep if they actually wanna -rep someone.

That's not the point, what I'm saying is something that is posted as anonymous should remain anonymous and not be leaked or exposed by people we are supposed to trust.
Pages: 1 2