Support Forums

Full Version: Computer in reboot loop HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have no idea what the problem is. I have a dimension 4700 with intel pentium 4. I run Windows Professional SP2.

Every time I start up the computer, it shuts back down and restarts after the Windows screen is finished loading. It won't let me boot into safe mode and I have a windows recovery thing.

The computer can boot from a different OS though. I installed a bootable linux in my flash drive and it works fine.

I'm not sure if this is virus related or a hardware situation.

Any fixes?
http://winhlp.com/node/125
Check that, and find the word "loop"
Read the section "Boot or shutdown problems after Service Pack 2 installation"
I don't have the blue screen of death. It never has popped up. It just shuts down right after the windows is loading screen. Or is it to quick for me to catch a look at it.\

I disabled the automatic restart and now it displays the Blue Screen of DEATH. Error is unmountable boot volume. How do I fix that?
Your best bet is to boot from a bootable CD, then take a look at the startup programs. There may be a file there that is causing it to shutdown.

Any error's when booting into safe mode?
Before your computer restart does it display any message? If so what message?
I can't get into safe mode AT ALL. There are no errors when I start up except for the blue screen of death after windows is finished loading.
Its an Unmountable boot volume.

I can still get into my program files through my bootable linux.
Try boot off your CD.

I'm assuming a re-format is one of the last options you would want, BUT you can backup all your important data through the version of Linux you are using.

Once you've done this, see if you can boot from windows XP disc. The you will be able to format your drive and reinstall windows.
Personally, I'd also check your hardware. Did you run any other suspicious file before this started?
RSBOT but its not very suspicious. I've been using it for a while and so have a lot of other people. And I also left a port forwarding server on half the day but no one connected to it.
Pages: 1 2 3