Support Forums

Full Version: Lock Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm slowly (in my spare time) building on it.
I want some feedback, what should i change/include? what do you like/hate.
I have setup a Youtube Channel that I'm going to be using to attract attention to my site/posting more videos/tuts/competitions.
Wow i like the site. I just dont like the picture tho, like that orange monster thingy, its cool and all but it does not fit in with the text in my opinion. Otherwise It looks really nice
(07-30-2010, 01:10 PM)Dont Worry Wrote: [ -> ]Wow i like the site. I just dont like the picture tho, like that orange monster thingy, its cool and all but it does not fit in with the text in my opinion. Otherwise It looks really nice

The orange monster thingy is from space invaders.
1) Sound on a website sucks. Period. Unless its subtle buttons.
2) Please enable java script?
3) Page hangs on doubleclick crap you have added to it.
4) Love the url. Really do.
5) Forum now! Banner is too much. Damn thing reloads each time!
6) Disabling Right click is just gay.

All in all i would have to give it a bad review sorry mate.
Love the URL but.
(08-04-2010, 12:46 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]1) Sound on a website sucks. Period. Unless its subtle buttons.
2) Please enable java script?
3) Page hangs on doubleclick crap you have added to it.
4) Love the url. Really do.
5) Forum now! Banner is too much. Damn thing reloads each time!
6) Disabling Right click is just gay.

All in all i would have to give it a bad review sorry mate.
Love the URL but.

Sad
Take it for what it is mate. My opinion.
Nothing more.
Really love the domain name but. Should you ever wanna sell..... PM ME
But yea my opinion is only that. I expect when you go to your site enough times you too will get sick of noise unless you bookmark the forum.
You only showed us the top level link so i had to comment on it all.
Most of what i see here though is sort of really simple. Like audio and no right click.
IMHO it looks better if instead of try hide code Which you cant really do. Rather show it to all and validate it.
Thats sort of how i look at it.
But again i cant stipulate this enough. Its just my opinion. Im older than most here so my opinion at times does not mean much.
Good luck with it either way man.
(08-04-2010, 01:14 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Take it for what it is mate. My opinion.
Nothing more.
Really love the domain name but. Should you ever wanna sell..... PM ME
But yea my opinion is only that. I expect when you go to your site enough times you too will get sick of noise unless you bookmark the forum.
You only showed us the top level link so i had to comment on it all.
Most of what i see here though is sort of really simple. Like audio and no right click.
IMHO it looks better if instead of try hide code Which you cant really do. Rather show it to all and validate it.
Thats sort of how i look at it.
But again i cant stipulate this enough. Its just my opinion. Im older than most here so my opinion at times does not mean much.
Good luck with it either way man.

Thanks, i do go to straight to the forum, and I'm over the song totally. Your not supposed to stay on the index page long enough to hear it.
I own that domain for 10 years. I will have to look into validating the code. The "please enable javascript" is there to remind people that the site requires/looks better with javascript enabled, although the site works fine either way. (if you're not into the banner disable it) i wanted to try something different. I do plan to add/change things, I'm developing this with my spare time.
It looks kind of childish in my opinion.
The banner/text streches the screen.
There is nothing on computer security?
Do you really need all those links at the top of the page? Most people have: Google, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, already bookmarked.
(08-04-2010, 02:08 AM)Ameise Wrote: [ -> ]It looks kind of childish in my opinion.
The banner/text streches the screen.
There is nothing on computer security?
Do you really need all those links at the top of the page? Most people have: Google, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, already bookmarked.

The forum is new, i haven't put much content. It's not just going to be sec orientated, it will have a range of things.
(it's not just going to be limited to a forum either) If you even looked there actually is sections based on sec, both in the sectools forum and in the freeware section, there is also a blog where i will be posting sec related things like vulnerabilities, bugs etc. Yes i think those links are necessary as most people have accounts with those sites and like to access those places (I'm trying to keep them on my site, but give some freedom to roam), so i have included these links. I did run the website through browsershots, i also tested it on a computer with a tiny ass screen/multiple browsers it looked fine to me, you must be on a netbook/mobile device or some kind of rubbish computer with a small screen. My target audience is the younger cyberpunk crowd who want to learn/share knowledge in a cyberpunkish environment.
some more constructive criticism/suggestions/ideas would be nice, other than what has already been mentioned.
Pages: 1 2 3