Support Forums

Full Version: Looking For A Domain Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey SF, I'm looking to start my own forum, and I'm in need of a little assistance with the domain name since everyone I think of is already taken.

The forum is going to be about writing in general: poetry, lyrics, short stories, etc.

Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated. Smile
how about "WritersBlock"?

Get it?
Code:
lets-be-creative.com
Dunno its really up to you the domain name. However i would try stick to a .com, .net or .org if you can afford it.
Writing forums don't develop very quickly. Will you be committing to it for a few years?
How about hangoutforums.net - You can market this is a forum where you can just hangout and talk about all the things you mentioned.

I'll sell it to you.
(07-29-2010, 06:08 AM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]Writing forums don't develop very quickly. Will you be committing to it for a few years?

Well, I didn't really expect it to just, skyrocket with traffic and activity, however, do you really think it'll take years to get a decent amount? :/
It depends on how you promote your forum and how you administrate.
(07-29-2010, 08:29 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on how you promote your forum and how you administrate.

Well, as of now, I have no current experience, whatsoever, in administrating forums/sites. I'm hoping to just make it to get the hang of things.
What forum software are you going to use?
(07-29-2010, 08:34 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]What forum software are you going to use?

I was going to try out MyBB. Any tips/suggestions?
Pages: 1 2 3