Support Forums

Full Version: Wanting to learn...Come here for details.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which language you recommend for absolute beginner.
I have a alot of free time currenlty.
I'd recommend C# to start off, that way you'll be somewhat prepared for C++. (Considering you posted this thread in the C++ section)
(07-26-2010, 08:37 PM)Clay Wrote: [ -> ]I'd recommend C# to start off, that way you'll be somewhat prepared for C++. (Considering you posted this thread in the C++ section)

I posted it here because, I was not sure, and I've heard C++ Is a good starter language, but I decided to ask the pros, And thank you for the reply.
are you looking for something starting with C? Or just any language?

Webpage coding is very easy to begin with, but doesn't relate to programs really at all

Batch is also very easy, but not used as much

C++ is pretty easy as well, if you are a good learner and can pay attention.

I recommend Python to first start with because it is very down to earth and is like you are talking to a human compiler I guess rather than speaking machine

Hello world examples:

Python:
Code:
print 'hello world'

C++
Code:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
   cout << "Hello World\n";
   cin.get();
   return 0;
}

see what I mean?
I recommend C to start and then you can go with VB.net Big Grin
(07-27-2010, 04:40 PM)Bronze Wrote: [ -> ]Hello world examples:

Python:
Code:
print 'hello world'

C++
Code:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
   cout << "Hello World\n";
   cin.get();
   return 0;
}

see what I mean?

That's a little unfair since you made the C++ example unnecessary long.

Code:
#include <iostream>
int main()
{
   std::cout << "Hello World\n";
   return 0;
}

Now show me how many lines of code it would make to write a memory pool in Python Tongue (not that you can, since Python abstracts the memory allocations away from you; I guess you could do it by writing it in C and wrapping Python around it)