Support Forums

Full Version: [New Netbook] Acer AO532H Netbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I gotta brag about this. I just got my second netbook. I have a Mini9 but yesterday I bought a Acer AO532H netbook from Target for $199. They are regular $250 and pretty damn good netbooks.

[Image: acer-AO532h-2326-netbook.jpg]

It comes with Win7 Starter Edition. I already bought the 2GB ram upgrade from Amazon. That should come soon.

If you don't have a netbook yet I advise you get one. Great for travel and even just sitting on the coffee table in the living room. Very handy and so cheap.

I'm hoping I can install Virtualbox and run BSD on it.

Another thing I do is stream Netflix to my TV from it. Works great. hehe
Wow. $199? That's a steal! Streaming Netflix is the way to go.
wow that is more then cheap you bought this for $199. Also whats the HDD size?
I'm thinking of getting one as well. Looks like I'm going ot be sending my mom to target so she can send me one, they're all overpriced here at the PX, like $450+ because they have to be shipped from the manufacturer to a place in the states, then over here to Germany.
It's a 160GB drive which is pretty big for a Netbook. I'll never use anywhere near that. My mini9 has a SSD 32GB and I still have lots of free space on it.
(07-21-2010, 11:16 AM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]It's a 160GB drive which is pretty big for a Netbook. I'll never use anywhere near that. My mini9 has a SSD 32GB and I still have lots of free space on it.

Looks like a nice netbook. For all the things I do, I need about 100GB on an SSD
Looks really great. I want to get a netbook soon, and this may be my choice.
I had D250 I think.

Be careful with the audio. My audio drives got deleted when I partitioned(tried to, first time :p )

Also be careful whilst charging. If you press the jack in too far, it'll detach from the motherboard. Nono
I really almost never use audio anyways.
Regardless though.

I installed from Wubi installer, big mistake I guess. Ended up sending my whole MS Office 2007 to the recycling bin. That might've been from something else, but it was pretty good timing that it happened with Linux being installed

Forgot to mention this, I didn't lose audio when I booted into Ubuntu >_>
Pages: 1 2