Support Forums

Full Version: MyBB Runway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi all.

We've just opened a new site, called MyBB Runway. Where you'll be able to find exclusive interviews, tips 'n tricks, support, articles, tutorials, marketing tips and theming / plugin tips as well as a new community for MyBB fans. It's still a new site, but we're already sky rocketing with 200+ posts by dedicated members within 1 day of opening. Check it out if you have some time. We've currently got a contest running, where you can win Hosting, Domains and Cash. Check it out in the Services section. MyBB Runway has merged with Now It's MyBB!, the infamous MyBB Blog, to bring you one almighty website. Check us out:

Blog / Home: http://mybbrunway.com
Community: http://mybbrunway.com/forums/
Current Contest: http://mybbrunway.com/forums/thread-17.html

Thanks guys, hope to see you there. Smile
This is one of the best new sites I've seen. I'd love to become a part of it Trilo.
Glad to see two favourites of mine as administrators. I'm signing up.
I'd like to say one thing. I'll probably join but to help Smile (that wasn't the one thing :o)

Where you recommend people not to take backups just because the host does, I'd like to refute that. It is imperitive that the user always has their own backup. I backup all my forums daily and a separate one for monthly and weekly. So I always have a restore point. I keep the daily ones back a week, weekyl ones a month, and all monthly ones. I've seen forums go tits up becuase they didn't have a backup and thought their host did. Hosts backups can become corrupt very easily. And remember, I guarantee if you look at your hosts' ToS, it says in there that they are not responsible for backups even if they make them. Some hosts also only do backups for their purposes and charge for restoring them. It's always better to just make your own.
(07-20-2010, 07:41 AM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to say one thing. I'll probably join but to help Smile (that wasn't the one thing :o)

Where you recommend people not to take backups just because the host does, I'd like to refute that. It is imperitive that the user always has their own backup. I backup all my forums daily and a separate one for monthly and weekly. So I always have a restore point. I keep the daily ones back a week, weekyl ones a month, and all monthly ones. I've seen forums go tits up becuase they didn't have a backup and thought their host did. Hosts backups can become corrupt very easily. And remember, I guarantee if you look at your hosts' ToS, it says in there that they are not responsible for backups even if they make them. Some hosts also only do backups for their purposes and charge for restoring them. It's always better to just make your own.
As stated in the article I recommended to still take backups if your web host is unreliable. For example with my current host I been with for at least 2 years now and they take 24 hourly backups which I can access but for my VPS I take my own backups.

Anyways thanks for the feedback so far!
Must have missed over that then Smile But it can't hurt to reiterate it lol. It's VERY important.
it looks like a good forum did you code everything yourself or did u get some plugins from Mybbcentral?
(07-20-2010, 06:38 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of the best new sites I've seen. I'd love to become a part of it Trilo.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it. Smile

(07-20-2010, 07:02 AM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see two favourites of mine as administrators. I'm signing up.

It's a pleasure to have you aboard. Big Grin
That is a well started website!
You just need more people to get on your forum
Yep, that's why I'm posting it. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5