Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mouse scroll wheel - Help please
Hey guys, you know how in Windows (browsers ex: firefox, ie) you can click the mouse scroll wheel button and a convenient circle with arrows come out and you can just move the mouse up or down to scroll the page up or down? Well, how can I do that with Linux Mint? I can't seem to find it.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
(10-09-2009, 08:38 PM)n4q Wrote: Hey guys, you know how in Windows (browsers ex: firefox, ie) you can click the mouse scroll wheel button and a convenient circle with arrows come out and you can just move the mouse up or down to scroll the page up or down? Well, how can I do that with Linux Mint? I can't seem to find it.

No idea. But I use it aaaaallll the time.
Example: I will use it right now to get to the top of the page and get to new posts.
Hello!

Type 'about:config' into the address bar, and change the value for 'middlemouse.loadContentURL' to false.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Hello!

That doesn't help... I want the scroll circle.
(10-09-2009, 08:49 PM)n4q Wrote: Hello!

That doesn't help... I want the scroll circle.

Ah, that must have been the wrong option.

Go to about:config and type middle. A few options will pop up. If you mess around with changing the false/true values (remember what you changed) on a few of them it should fix it. I just can't remember which one it is.

For some reason on Mint some of the initial settings are different.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

I looked through them already, the options were : open new window, paste, scrollbar position. None of those have anything to do with the scrolling circle thing. :\
In firefox? Click the little bar (You know the scroll bar on the side) with the middle button.
I've never been able to use this function in any linux distro and i haven't asked how to enable it for some reason because i find browsing the web annoying without it.
Again just click the middle when you hover over the scroll bar.