Poll: Should there be a rule against posting things that have already been posted?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
8 66.67%
No
33.33%
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Rule against reposts.
This is a good tut...for those who do many reposts..

i will be telling many names in the foloowing days
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
Lol this is not a tutorial.....

Still don't think there should be a warning issued for it. If you see it just report it.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
The problem with that is, what if someone writes a tutorial on a subject I am familiar with, but theirs is badly written(Layout, spelling, grammar, some information missing/wrong) So I decide, as I enjoy writing tutorials, and know I can do a better job to write my own on the same subject.

Then what does the moderator do? Lock/delete the original one, which will undoubtedly piss off the writer as you are more or less saying "I like Vorfin more, and he is better at X than you"

Or lock/delete mine, depriving members of information/better information.
[Image: Lj]
^I sort of agree with this too :/

But instead of this rule, there should be a rule of

Search before posting.

End of topic!
Vorfin, I think you'd do the latter; lock his because yours is better. It's not favoritism; yours was just made better. On HF, there's a rule against bad grammar anyway, which warrants a 2% warning; or so I hear.
(10-10-2009, 11:52 AM)Vorfin Wrote: The problem with that is, what if someone writes a tutorial on a subject I am familiar with, but theirs is badly written(Layout, spelling, grammar, some information missing/wrong) So I decide, as I enjoy writing tutorials, and know I can do a better job to write my own on the same subject.

Then what does the moderator do? Lock/delete the original one, which will undoubtedly piss off the writer as you are more or less saying "I like Vorfin more, and he is better at X than you"

Or lock/delete mine, depriving members of information/better information.

The best solution for this would be you send the author of the other tutorial your tut.
And he updates/changes his post with one big thanks to you for correcting it or making it better.

I don't mind if someone corrects or updates one of mine, but that's just me.
(10-10-2009, 12:02 PM)NinjaGeek Wrote: The best solution for this would be you send the author of the other tutorial your tut.
And he updates/changes his post with one big thanks to you for correcting it or making it better.

I don't mind if someone corrects or updates one of mine, but that's just me.

Hmm, in that case why not just lock his? Your way would just be my thread with his name on it.
[Image: Lj]
(10-10-2009, 12:19 PM)Vorfin Wrote: Hmm, in that case why not just lock his? Your way would just be my thread with his name on it.

Yes, but if he was faster and you can make it better, the two poster should get toghter and work one one better tutorial.
Now you can still make your thread and at the end put a link to his.

And if your tutorial explains much more than his and it's completely differnet but the same topic, than that's not two same tutorials, and it would be not fair for another user.
void EDIT (
Most better tutorials are harder to read for newbies and can only be understand by people with some background on the topic
);

Anyway if you are just correcting someone and not writing your OWN tutorial, than I don't see a point in making a new thread.
I'm against this. Copying and pasting posts should not be allowed, but writing posts that was posted before in a different way, there's nothing wrong with that.
I would have to agree and disagree, like many others have said in the thread already there are always positive and negative things about reposting, I would think a exact copy and paste would not be acceptable but self written tutorials and such are alright... also reposting the same program is just useless...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rule Questions #Nix 5 1,677 08-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Rule 7. Katz 1 591 12-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Skill
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,375 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,787 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINKā„¢
  New Rule Suggestion Sam 16 2,597 08-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Toxic Injection