Poll: Should there be a rule against posting things that have already been posted?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
8 66.67%
No
33.33%
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Rule against reposts.
Hello.

I think there should be a rule against posting something that has been posted before. For instance, KeyScrambler has been posted about three times. Take a look at the Beginner Section of hackforums; 90% of it nowadays is questions that have been asked 10+ times before.

I just don't want to see certain sections of SF turn into a clutter bin that people don't want to visit. It's unnecessary, and takes away from the site's quality.

Please, state y'all's thoughts.
I agree 100%
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
It doesn't matter if it's in the rules or not - it's common sense and there will always people who lack it.
Don't expect people to read the rules before posting. I know I haven't.
If you see a re-post, report it and place a link to the original entry.
(10-09-2009, 04:34 PM)Etheryte Wrote: It doesn't matter if it's in the rules or not - it's common sense and there will always people who lack it.
Don't expect people to read the rules before posting. I know I haven't.
If you see a re-post, report it and place a link to the original entry.

Well, the thing is, there isn't a rule against this as far as I know, so a member cannot be convicted for violating the rules when reposting. There's a rule against "double posting", but I assume that this meant posting twice in a row in the same thread.
You can just report it, it doesn't have to have a separate section and a paragraph in the rules to get dealt with. If a guy is a douche, he'll get treated like one by the staff, no question in my mind.
agreed
there should be rules against this
people should be warned to read before they post
People simply need to use the search feature to see if a thread similar to the one there posting, is posted. As a poster said above, it's common sense that many people lack.

But I definitely agree.
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
You can make it a rule but when more members start to join and just start posting without searching it will be unmanageable. Most new members do not read the rules anyway. They just join to get the information they need.
[Image: arch2.png]
Looks like I'm one of 2 people that voted No.

I voted no because 9 times out of 10 you don't find what you're looking for even using the title of a thread you know about. It doesn't always happen and I don't know about you, but, I personally CBA to dig through 300 pages of search results.

And I'm pretty sure most of the people voting yes have done it themselves before. Who cares if we're getting the same thing over and over again, new people have joined the forums over time an may not have seen the thread, then someone makes a similar thread they may get to see it.

If worse comes to words YOU find the 1st thread, and link to it in the thread then report it to be closed.

And when it comes to questions, if the thread is 3 months old or more, I will not bump it. It's dead, let it RIP and just make your own thread.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I agree with this, keep the nice suggestions coming Elek.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rule Questions #Nix 5 1,653 08-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Rule 7. Katz 1 582 12-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Skill
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,335 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,752 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  New Rule Suggestion Sam 16 2,528 08-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Toxic Injection