Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free host
I need to find a new host.
My current host (i6 networks) has unbearably slow servers, and put ads on my page (a link to their site at footer), which they said they'd never do. I need to find a new host with:

At least 1GiB Space
MySQL
PHP
The ability to host domains. (eg www.example.com)
FTP
Email Accounts

If you can recommend (or if you could host it yourself if you have a nice server ;) ), please drop a line here or give me a PM.

Cheers,
Mike
Free?
The free one I use is Freehostia, though it's not remarkably good..
~ FFW
Is freehostia even free? I looked on the website and it looks like it costs money.
If you signup for the free package, you get a free subdomain (such as graphicwebz.freehostia.com)..
~ FFW
blh765 Wrote:Is freehostia even free? I looked on the website and it looks like it costs money.

If it's NOT free, they need to change the name. Tongue
LOL! Yeah!

Well, they have paid packages and a free one, I registered the free one (like for Theme Designers)

It wouldn't be fair to say they're a very very good host though, because my MySQL server sometimes goes down, plus you can only have one database and only 10 MB of database space. Tongue
~ FFW
blh765 Wrote:Is freehostia even free? I looked on the website and it looks like it costs money.

Yes, it has free hosting.
Here is the url to it:
http://freehostia.com/free_hosting.html

P.S. I just noticed that the quick quote button wasn't working. After I clicked it, went down to the quick reply box and clicked, "Quote these posts now", it never quoted it.. :S

Dr Small